AutoSys Workload Automation

• 1.  INvalid User in Credential Tab

Posted Jun 19, 2015 06:17 AM

i am getting invalid user in WCC under Credential tab.

As per process or prerequisites, i have done the following but still its says INVALID.

1. i have created that user in EEM under "WCC004" Application and made that user a member of Administrator user Group.

2. After this, i have used this user as MONITOR ID in WCC, while configuring AUtosys SERVER in WCC under Config Tab and able to define the server succesfully, but when i am trying to validate the same user in CREDENTIAL TAB, it says INVALID and due to which i am unable to execute any commands usng ECLI tab and getting OPERATION Cannot be Performed.

3. As an extra step, i have added the same user in autosys_secure under Manage User@host. The only difference is that in autosys_secure its mentioned as USER@DOMAIN NAME, but IN EEM its just mentioned as USER. I believe and as per my experience, this extra step will only help me to run  the jobs with that userid and is not effecting user in Credential tab.

Is there something missing or wrongly done. Please help me.

We are using AUTOSYS R11.3.6Sp1, with WCC R11.3.6.1 and EEM Release: 12.51.2.11

• 2.  Re: INvalid User in Credential Tab

Posted Jun 19, 2015 08:22 AM

It's a bug.

• 3.  Re: INvalid User in Credential Tab

Posted Jun 19, 2015 08:29 AM

Sunish,

Perhaps when you find these issues, open a ticket first and then if it's a bug, or enhancement or education then CA support will help you resolve your issue quicker.

Then you can open an idea for enhancement or post the issue for the rest of us to understand. It may make things go a little smoother for you and your transition to the product base.

Hope you find this helpful

• 4.  Re: INvalid User in Credential Tab

Posted Jun 19, 2015 08:58 AM

I have already raised the ticket for all the issues which I am facing. The reason why am I posting the issues on community, is Community members responses and replies are more quicker than support executive and with the community members’ experience I can proactively try to resolve the issues.

• 5.  Re: INvalid User in Credential Tab

Posted Jun 19, 2015 09:06 AM

if its that important make it a sev 2.

Is the autosys DB 11.3.5 ?

issue i had is that the validation fails. regardless of it working.

The way you know its all working is that you go to dashboard and you see the connections. i am unsure when the bug will be fixed.

are you trying to do command line (ECLI) ? you need the listener up and running..and the id has to match how it is seen via AD etc.

autosys_secure is only for windows and FTP/SQL/SAP job type user IDs NOT *NIX.

Otherwise, for polling for job errors etc,. you do not need your id credentialed. Much of this is covered in the books.

BUT yes the credential coming up invalid is a bug and we all just have to wait for the fix. annoying, yes. welcome t our world :-)

There are many steps to follow and making sure everything matches AD/LDAP across systems is key and knowing when to use autosys_secure for IDs etc is also key.

Hope this helps and good luck.

• 6.  Re: INvalid User in Credential Tab

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 22, 2015 07:36 AM

Hello Sunish, are you able to use that credentials you are filling to WCC Credentials to access the AutoSys machine, i.e. to login to the machine OS? For Credentials (and ECLI and Forecast application subsequently), ability to login to the remote AutoSys machine is a pre-requisite.

Regards

Petr

• 7.  Re: INvalid User in Credential Tab

Posted Jun 24, 2015 07:14 PM

I worked with the client and to answer, yes the UWCC credential id was/is a valid Windows OS user and we could log into the AutoSys server as said user and execute AutoSys commands.

The problem stems from UWCC <->WAAE credential user validation and updating an underlying table column value/flag.

1. The UWCC credential user is a valid AutoSys platform user. (FYI - any valid OS user will/should pass credential validation - even if not known to WAAE)

2. UWCC ECLI works fine - ECLI uses the credential ID if the currently logged in user is not a valid WAAE OS id.

3. Credential status indicator/icon states "Invalid" (even though ECLI uses this ID and ECLI works)

I dug into the database and the VALDIDATIONSTATUS of a specific table was set to 3 (unknown value to me) instead of a 1 (valid) or 0 (invalid)

We reset this value and the icon / status text correctly reflected a "valid" UWCC credential user.

• 8.  Re: INvalid User in Credential Tab

Posted Jun 25, 2015 09:40 AM

known issue with WCC 11.3.6 so we will need a fix. :-)

• 9.  Re: INvalid User in Credential Tab

Posted Sep 06, 2015 04:59 AM

HI, is there any update on this issue, when it will be rectified in WCC?