Clarity

• 1.  Project Hours on Project Listing Page and Team Page/Tab are different

Posted Jun 11, 2015 05:03 PM

Can anyone provide some insight on why the "Actuals" showing on the Project Listing page, and the total actuals appearing on the Team Tab are different? On the Team tab, I made sure that all resources are shown (both inactive and active).

See screenshots attached.

Project Listing Page, showing 1,194 hours:

ProjectListingPage.png

Team Tab - showing a total of 1,212 hours:

TeamTab.png

• 2.  Re: Project Hours on Project Listing Page and Team Page/Tab are different
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 11, 2015 05:23 PM

You may need to check the project Active field is set and then run the Investment Allocation job.

• 3.  Re: Project Hours on Project Listing Page and Team Page/Tab are different

Posted Jun 11, 2015 05:41 PM

The project is not active (does it make a difference?).  I do notice that this happened only to some projects which all happen to be inactive.

The investment allocation job is scheduled to run daily --- no failures. 

• 4.  Re: Project Hours on Project Listing Page and Team Page/Tab are different

Posted Jun 11, 2015 05:52 PM

Yes, the query driving the job puts a constraint on INV_INVESTMENTS.IS_ACTIVE = 1 (true) for finding the set of investments it will operate on.

• 5.  Re: Project Hours on Project Listing Page and Team Page/Tab are different

Posted Jun 16, 2015 11:03 AM

Thank you very much - this worked.

I seem to have the same issue with the "Project End Date" --- Clarity and our database are not showing the same Project End Date.  Clarity shows a date that is one day earlier.  The Database uses INV_INVESTMENTS.SCHEDULE_FINISH field.   How do I resolve this?  It looks lke running "Investment Allocation" job is not the resolution.

• 6.  Re: Project Hours on Project Listing Page and Team Page/Tab are different

Posted Jun 16, 2015 11:14 AM

That end-date issue is not really an issue, its just a "feature" of the way that Clarity works (has always worked).

As long as the end-date is "correct" in the application then that is all that is important.  (i.e. the database value will always appear to be one day earlier, the application just works that way)

• 7.  Re: Project Hours on Project Listing Page and Team Page/Tab are different

Posted Jun 16, 2015 01:12 PM

I agree with Dave and would just add that if you are going to need to deal with that somewhere (for example in a report or portlet) and have the PMO Acclerator installed, one of the database functions included that it uses itself to resolve this same issue can be applied to the schedule (project, task, etc.) finish date columns in order to resolve the display.  The function name is 'cop_calc_finish_fct'.

E.g.:

select inv.name, inv.schedule_start, inv.schedule_finish, cop_calc_finish_fct( inv.schedule_finish )

from inv_investments inv

where lower(inv.name) like 'lw%'

order by 2, 1, 3

NAME      SCHEDULE_START       SCHEDULE_FINISH      COP_CALC_FINISH_FCT(INV.SCHEDULE_FINISH)   
    --------  -------------------  -------------------  -------------------------------------------
    lw1       01/01/2015 00:00:00  01/07/2015 00:00:00  30/06/2015 00:00:00                       
    LW Alloc  23/03/2015 08:00:00  29/05/2015 17:00:00  29/05/2015 00:00:00                       
    LW111     06/04/2015 08:00:00  14/04/2015 17:00:00  14/04/2015 00:00:00                      

3 record(s) selected [Fetch MetaData: 1/ms] [Fetch Data: 1/ms]

[Executed: 16/06/15 11:50:12 CDT ] [Execution: 149/ms]

The function basically looks to see if the date/time provided ends at 'midnight' (which causes the date to display as though it has ticked over into the new day) and if so subtracts 1, otherwise for when the date/time ends at another time like 5pm it just drops the time portion.  With these example projects you can see how it behaves, and in the UI for Clarity these projects show the dates in the last / 4th column.  Obviously you should only apply this to columns where it makes sense (finish dates that haven't already had any processing applied to tackle this) and not to all dates, because if you apply the function again and again to the results (e.g. in subqueries or views) then it will continue subtracting from the date.