DX Unified Infrastructure Management

ListDesigner: Drilldown from device to interfaces

• 1.  ListDesigner: Drilldown from device to interfaces

Posted Jun 30, 2014 10:04 PM

Hi all,

I've been trying to get this working but haven't had any luck. Here's an example of what I want to do:

DeviceList: this shows all devices that are being monitored. Clicking on an object in this list should drill down to:

InterfaceList: this shows all interface on the device that was clicked. Clicking on an object in this list should drill down to:

InterfaceReport: this is a PRD showing traffic, errors, discards, etc for the interface that was clicked on above.

So.. Creating the DeviceList is simple. I set row source to Hosts and then filter with "probe / is / snmpget OR probe / is / cisco_monitor." That gives me for example fw01.xyz.com, fw02.xyz.com, rt01.xyz.com, rt02.xyz.com, etc

Also creating the InterfaceList seems simple. I set row source to Targets and filter with "source / is / source (this gets replaced by the device name when you drill down) AND qos / contains / traffic." That gives me for example IN-eth0, OUT-eth0, etc

From that list going to a PRD report works fine, I link it to a report I've already created and there's no problems there.

The Issue is linking them all together. In order to get the DeviceList to load another list I need to create multiple groups. I tried creating a group called Firewalls and setting the filter like above plus something like "source / starts with / fw" and I set the drilldown template to InterfaceList. However then when I click on Firewalls in the DeviceList, it gives me a list of all firewall interfaces (basically skipping the step where I can choose which firewall I want to look at). If I set InterfaceList to row source: hosts I get the list of devices but then when I click on a device it goes to the PRD report which shows all interfaces of the selected device (which means that if you click on a Switch, flash is going to crash because of the number of interfaces)

Effectively I'm trying to mimic the Dynamic Views setup if that helps clarify it