DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Internet Archive Mode: NA

Posted Nov 04, 2009 09:46 PM
    I am new to Nimsoft and when I click on Archive and select the node I want I get:
    No valid internet Connection to 'archive.nimsoft.com'. I have a username and password and set it in >Tools>Options but still no go any ideas?

Patrick

• 2.  Internet Archive Mode: NA

Posted Nov 05, 2009 01:37 PM
    Hi Patrick,

Quick question: can you open that address in a browser on that box? It would seem to be a connection issue more than a username/password issue.

Cheers,
    Stian

• 3.  Internet Archive Mode: NA

Posted Nov 06, 2009 03:32 AM
    Yes I can click on Nimsoft Internet Archive link and it will take me to:
    http://support.nimsoft.com/Default.aspx?center=felles/archive

• 4.  Internet Archive Mode: NA

Posted Nov 06, 2009 12:51 PM
    I'm going to have to ask some more questions:

Which version of the Infrastructure Manager are you running?
    Are you behind some kind of proxy?
    Are you using IE or some other browser when checking the link?
    Are both Attempt integration... and Attempt automatic login... checked under Options?

I haven't seen this problem before, so I'm a little in the dark here, but hopefully we should get it figured out!

Cheers,
    Stian

• 5.  Re: Internet Archive Mode: NA

Posted Jun 24, 2015 05:56 AM

Hi,

I already implement the Nimsoft about 5 months. Today, when i open archive on IM, shows me the proxy login. I already set the credentials of login and it doesn't work. So i clcik on cancel and gives me this error: 'No valid internet Connection to 'archive.nimsoft.com'.

When i try to open the address 'archive.nimsoft.com' tells me that: '

401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials.

You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

Where i can change the credentials or what i need to do?

Thanks,

Alex

• 6.  Re: Internet Archive Mode: NA

Posted Jun 24, 2015 08:46 AM

Well if you are getting the 401 response, you are reaching the archive data. I'd suggest that you double check your CA UIM archive credentials as suggested by the error message. I checked my IM instance and I'm having no difficulties reaching those pages so there's no system wide issue going on.

-Garin

• 7.  Re: Internet Archive Mode: NA

Posted Jul 06, 2015 01:57 PM

Hello All,

I´m having the same problem ! I coudn´t log in support.nimsof.com.

Regards,

Fernando

• 8.  Re: Internet Archive Mode: NA

Posted Jul 20, 2018 11:28 AM

Hi ,

I am having exactly similar issue as alexandre.

On the same server i able to connect to archive via support.nimsoft.com , So i am absolute sure that credentials are working and site is reachable.

Please let me know the solution.

thanks

Anmol

• 9.  Re: Internet Archive Mode: NA

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 20, 2018 12:03 PM

The archive.nimsoft.com is not accessible view a web browser.

this url is only used for soap calls.

you must go to http://support.nimsoft.com/Default.aspx?center=felles/archive&state=GA 

download manually.

Even if you can get so support.nimsoft.com this does not mean the IM will work as it is makeing a soap call.

You would need to use an HTTP capture tool to see what is happening to the request to find out more information why it is failing at your location.

do make sure the soap client has not been removed from your installation as well.

IM requires this to be able to connect.

• 10.  Re: Internet Archive Mode: NA

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 20, 2018 12:08 PM

Check out the following Knowledge Document that addresses some conditions that can cause this issue:

KB000034049 : IM cannot connect to archive: No valid internet connection to 'archive.nimsoft.com'. Cannot download probes.