CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

how to configure Web Director in 12.6 SD

• 1.  how to configure Web Director in 12.6 SD

Posted May 21, 2015 03:33 AM

Hello SD Experts,o

Please tell how to configure webdirector in 12.6 servicedesk. i have just created another webengine but i found there is no load balance of users login, only one engine has full load of users and another one is free.

Thanks

• 2.  Re: how to configure Web Director in 12.6 SD

Posted May 21, 2015 04:01 AM

• 3.  Re: how to configure Web Director in 12.6 SD

Posted May 21, 2015 05:15 AM

The following should also help:

i. TEC480203 - What is a web director and how does it work?

"http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec480203.aspx"

ii. TEC480204 - What is the "Willingness" value in the web.cfg file used for?

"http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec480204.aspx"

You might also want to consult the "$NX_ROOT\samples\pdmconf\pdm_edit_usage_notes.html" for more information and documentation on how to configure the Web Director.

Regards,

Brian

• 4.  Re: how to configure Web Director in 12.6 SD

Posted May 21, 2015 11:12 AM

Thanks Brian & Naveen

Please see below, i have created web directors but i think it is not connected with web engines, even i m not able to edit web engine. Task still in pending

Please advice ..

ThanksA3.PNG

sc.PNG

• 5.  Re: how to configure Web Director in 12.6 SD

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 21, 2015 04:47 PM

Hi Laqa,

Can you please share the value of this variable from each <hostname>.web.cfg file and primary web.cfg file?

"UseDirector"

• 6.  Re: how to configure Web Director in 12.6 SD

Posted May 22, 2015 02:36 AM

Hi Laqa,

Looking at the screen prints, you have posted, there is NO value for the Web Director when you did Option 3. So you still have not associated any of the web engines with the web director, hence it is still not working correctly.

Follow the steps similar to those documented on tech doc#: TEC477577 which Naveen has already provided to you. Please also check out the steps on

"$NX_ROOT\samples\pdmconf\pdm_edit_usage_notes.html" as previously mentioned. There is an example for this.

Also you seem to have created two web directors on the same host. Any reason why you need both? In my opinion one would have been sufficient.

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 7.  Re: how to configure Web Director in 12.6 SD

Posted May 22, 2015 04:21 AM

11.PNG

Hi Brian, Thanks for your continuous support. Appreciate it

I have now one web director,
    my steps were,
    1st i created web director then i move to option 3 to edit webengines to add webdirector(as u see in screenshot right now this is not available in column) which i created .

Now its asking http protocol where i paste my service desk url...is this ok?

After it i will reconfigure the services and check whether it is configured or not.

Please your advice

• 8.  Re: how to configure Web Director in 12.6 SD

Posted May 22, 2015 06:31 AM

Answer lies in this tech doc#: TEC477577. Just have a look at...

• 9.  Re: how to configure Web Director in 12.6 SD

Posted May 22, 2015 09:23 AM

Hi Brian,

please see the screenshot...i have configured webdirectors with web engine now. Can you tell me do i have to perform the checklist now, because i see the same checklist when created webengine.
    1.PNG

Thanks

• 10.  Re: how to configure Web Director in 12.6 SD

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 22, 2015 09:34 AM

May we please check the web.cfg and <hostname>web.cfg files for this variable:  "UseDirector"?

Is it set to No or is it commented out?

If set to "No", it will not use the web director.

• 11.  Re: how to configure Web Director in 12.6 SD

Posted May 22, 2015 09:45 AM

Hello Shawn,

Ok let me check this, if it No, i will change it to Yes,
    but can you confirm me after creating the web directors is there need to copy again those file as said in the check list and reconfigure the services as i have already done this when created webengine because i found same checklist after creating webdirectors

Many Thanks

• 12.  Re: how to configure Web Director in 12.6 SD

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 22, 2015 09:47 AM

Hi Laqa,

I would recommend checking the web.cfg files first (requires recycle).

You may not need to go through all of the other steps. I would recommend testing an edit of that value first.

• 13.  Re: how to configure Web Director in 12.6 SD

Posted May 22, 2015 10:13 AM

Hi Shawn,

please see the screen shot
    director.PNG

This highlited you are talking about?
    u are saying to change it to yes and should i remove ! ? as this is commented. right?

• 14.  Re: how to configure Web Director in 12.6 SD

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 22, 2015 10:18 AM

Yes, that's right.

It should be uncommented and look like this:

UseDirector Yes

This page explains it a bit more: Assign a Web Engine to a Web Director

• 15.  Re: how to configure Web Director in 12.6 SD

Posted May 22, 2015 02:51 PM

Hi Shawn,

Everything went successful, but m seeing that still only one webengine is taking users load while other one still free, why is that so? Can you please tella.PNG

• 16.  Re: how to configure Web Director in 12.6 SD

Posted May 24, 2015 03:21 PM

Hi Laqa,

It does not look like you set the RedirectingURL in the web.cfg. This is the section right after the Willingness. Have a look at that. The explanation thereof is right on the file.

Regards,

Brian

• 17.  Re: how to configure Web Director in 12.6 SD

Posted May 24, 2015 03:45 PM

Thanks Brian for continuous support. I will check this. Can you please confirm  should i add webdirector to the local webengine (default) too or not? Rightnow i just add webdirector to the newly created webengine. Is it necessary to add web director to both webengines?

One thing more, is webenine Cgi and webdirector Cgi should b same to work perfectly or it can be different?

Thanks

• 18.  Re: how to configure Web Director in 12.6 SD

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 26, 2015 08:21 AM

HI Laqa,

When you say "default webengine", do you mean the webengine on the primary server?

As for the CGI names, you should not need to modify the CGI names for webengine and web director in the web.cfg files.

• 19.  Re: how to configure Web Director in 12.6 SD

Posted May 27, 2015 03:03 AM

Hi Shawn ,

Thanks for your response,

i mean webengine: web:local, please see above posted screenshot which is rightnow by default taking load of the users login.

My question is should i add webdirector to the local webengine or just that one which i created newly named 'web:primary:2'? RIghtnow i created webdirector and assign this to primary webengine (which i newly created). but still im seeing local webengine is taking load of users login.

• 20.  Re: how to configure Web Director in 12.6 SD

Posted May 27, 2015 07:29 AM

Yes, you need load balancing across all the web engines. Otherwise what would be the point of this exercise?