Clarity

• 1.  Reading Past Allocations

Posted Mar 19, 2015 12:39 PM

I have a need to read allocation information from the database that has started in the past (like from a template).  The issue I am running into is that the Allocation time slices all start at the current date/month/year, etc.  Is there a way to get detailed allocation information another way?

• 2.  Re: Reading Past Allocations

Posted Mar 19, 2015 01:34 PM

What portlet are you using? On resource or project team details you should be able to change the Time scaled Value to start at current year, start at previous year, specific date, etc. You'll have to switch it to Monthly Time Scale though, weekly only goes back a few weeks.

• 3.  Re: Reading Past Allocations

Posted Mar 19, 2015 01:35 PM

Not using a portlet, I'm needing to read it out of the database.

• 4.  Re: Reading Past Allocations

Posted Mar 19, 2015 03:32 PM

If you want detail and from the database the slices are what is available to the user. If the time frame is not what you need in the user configured time slices change the definitions of create new slice definitions to suit your need. If you can do that see if the system slices meet your need better (PRJ_BLB_SLICES_D_ALC  or W/M and HARDALC).

If that does not work either use third party curve extractor.

• 5.  Re: Reading Past Allocations
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 27, 2015 03:12 PM

I ended up having to xog the template out and read the XML in the GEL.  A little complicated, but it works.