DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  cluster probe problems

Posted Mar 17, 2006 02:31 AM
    Another quick ping out to the world of NimBUS users to find out if anyone else is having problems with the cluster probe.  I am working with Nimsoft to determine if there is something wrong in the probe or on our systems.

The problem we have is that configured profiles in the other probes do not move from one system to the other during cluster failover.  In fact, usually the active node removes the profiles in question, but the passive node never adds them when it goes active.

I see a symptom that when looking in the cluster probe config at the list of probe profiles in each resource group, the ones that work have entries listed under the Created and Modified columns.  The profiles that do not work have nothing listed in those columns.

If anyone has seen anything like this, I would like to know if they have any idea what is going on.  I have a feeling Nimsoft is close to getting to the root cause, but any input is appreciated.

Keith

• 2.  cluster probe problems

Posted Mar 21, 2006 07:37 AM
    Good news!  The problem was finally located.  It turns out that the cluster probe was checking the profiles configured at the sametime that it was determining whether or not to generate alarms.  Since I had the alarms disabled in our configuration, that is why the profiles were not being updated correctly.  This resolution got me a workaround (enable alarms)until a fix could be provided.

I am currently testing a fix, and so far it works as advertised.

Keith