DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  CDM Computer has been rebooted

Posted Oct 17, 2011 05:22 PM

I am getting an alarm from the CDM probe saying that the computer has been rebooted. The message I get is "BootAlarm: Computer has been rebooted at <unable to determine>", if I clear it the message comes back again eventually. Can anyone tell me how to clear this please as I assume the probe is having issues because it cannot determine the date of the error?

Thank you for any help

• 2.  Re: CDM Computer has been rebooted

Posted Oct 18, 2011 12:11 AM

Just some thoughts but is the Message ID BootAlarm configured to use the default varable $boot_time in the CDM probe? If so what happens if you create a test alarm that you know will trigger and use the variable $boot_time in the message text? What time is returned?

• 3.  Re: CDM Computer has been rebooted

Posted Nov 17, 2014 08:53 PM

I started having the same false alarm with CDM 5.02 and came on here to see if anyone has a solution for this. We've had several of these false alarms happen on servers that weren't rebooted and whose uptimes looked good.

• 4.  Re: CDM Computer has been rebooted

Posted Nov 17, 2014 09:05 PM

I'm going to try removing the cdm.data file which holds a timestamp used to compare against the system uptime. Then I'll restart CDM and see if it creates a new cdm.data, otherwise I'll redeploy CDM. I'll post back to let you know how that goes.

Edit: I actually was able to: shift + right click > raw configure > edit data file. Delete the contents of the data file, save, and restart CDM. CDM will put a new uptime value into cdm.data.

• 5.  Re: CDM Computer has been rebooted

Posted Nov 18, 2014 05:39 PM

This is a known bug/defect with the CDM probe. There are several outstanding issues currently opened against this feature of the CDM probe. A potential fix was provided just last week and needs heavy testing. 

• 6.  Re: CDM Computer has been rebooted

Posted Dec 02, 2014 10:24 PM

In case this helps anyone, what I did was make a pre-processing rule in the NAS to exclude these alarms with the following filters:

- NMS Probe Name: cdm

- Message String: /^BootAlarm(?=.*20)/

*** Make sure to negate the message string filter (ie. make sure the little square above the filter is red) ***

All this does is do a lookahead in regex looking for the '20' in the year (eg. 2014, 2015, etc..) and matches if it's not found.

• 7.  Re: CDM Computer has been rebooted

Posted Dec 23, 2014 06:43 PM

Thanks for all of the responses, very helpful.