DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Move SLA calculations to new server

Posted Feb 10, 2011 12:01 PM

Is there any easy way to move SLA calculations from old server to new one?

• 2.  Re: Move SLA calculations to new server

Posted Feb 10, 2011 05:29 PM

Not sure what you are referring to here the sla_engine probe or the actual SLA Report?

• 3.  Re: Move SLA calculations to new server

Posted Feb 10, 2011 07:20 PM

I mean the actual SLA calculations on Service Level Manager defined example for servers. Our company works with multiple clients, and we have defined SLA calculations for all of the servers which we are maintaining. So we have SLA Group for each of our clients and under the group there is all the defined SLA calculations for each servers.

So we would not like to define all those SLA calculations again for every server manually. And are hoping there would be a way to import these from the old system.

As background info. We needed to install a new NMS environment on side of the old one, and started from ground up with it.

Dashboards and packages we were able to move to the new environment, but still haven't figured a way to import the SLA calculations.

• 4.  Re: Move SLA calculations to new server

Posted Feb 10, 2011 11:13 PM

I believe there is a table S_QOS_Calculations in the db that may hold all of this info.  I am not sure if that is the correct table name but I am willing to assume it's something similiar and that is where it's stored.  I am not sure on it's layout or even if you could replicate to new system and have it working.

• 5.  Re: Move SLA calculations to new server

Posted Feb 11, 2011 09:04 PM

There are actually a lot of tables involved in SLAs. Here are some to check:

- D_JOB_STATISTICS

- D_OPERATING_PERIOD

- D_QOS_COMPLIANCE

- D_SLA_*
    - D_SLO_COMPLIANCE

- S_CALCULATION_PARAMETER

- S_FTP_PROFILES

- S_GROUP_*

- S_OPERATING_PERIOD

- S_QOS_CALCULATION

- S_QOS_CONSTRAINTS

- S_SLA_*

- S_SLO_*

I am not 100% sure all of these tables are related to SLAs, but I think most of them are.

I know it is possible to move the SLA data from one database to another, but I think it is tricky. Some of these tables probably use auto-incrementing IDs, which you will not be able to preserve when moving to the new database. So then other records that reference those IDs need to be updated when the new IDs are created upon insert in the new database.

It might be possible to get around some of the complexity by exporting and importing the tables you need. I am not sure how that would work.

-Keith