AutoSys Workload Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

Job failed. Exit code 1, Status: "Incorrect function"

• 1.  Job failed. Exit code 1, Status: "Incorrect function"

Posted Jun 15, 2015 12:26 PM

This is really very unhelpful. there is no information on why exactly the job fails. the incorrect function message isn't even from the actual command that the job executes..its some weird message from the agent side.

I thought I saw a readme or something that addressed this issue in the latest version of the agent, but maybe I am wrong..

--DK

• 2.  Re: Job failed. Exit code 1, Status: "Incorrect function"

Posted Jun 15, 2015 12:59 PM

You can thank Windows for this one. The agent is simply returning the exit code supplied by Windows.

This can be seen if you open a command prompt and run: net helpmsg 1

In my experience this is most commonly seen when running VBScript via the agent. Usually requires a bit of troubleshooting. If you want, open a case with CA Support and we will do our best to help narrow the problem down.

Mark Hanson

Principal Support Engineer

Workload Automation

CA Technologies

• 3.  Re: Job failed. Exit code 1, Status: "Incorrect function"

Posted Jun 15, 2015 01:04 PM

I narrowed it down to the an incorrect value in the agent profile…now it complains that a few other variables needed by the ps adapter are not set…trying to work through those

Deekshit Addepalli | Senior Consultant | RMT

(651)-600-9490 – Cell | (651) 769-2574 – Office | (651) 305-8361 – Fax

daddepalli@robertmarktech.com<mailto:daddepalli@robertmarktech.com> | Robert Mark Tech<http://www.robertmarktech.com/>

Visit RMT’s partner, Arbiter Software, for Lifecycle Management with AutoSys: Arbiter Software<http://arbitersoftware.com/>

Follow Robert Mark on LinkedIn: RMT on LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/company/robert-mark-technologies/>

"Like" us on Facebook: RMT on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Robert-Mark/149566531779416>

• 4.  Re: Job failed. Exit code 1, Status: "Incorrect function"

Posted Oct 27, 2016 08:45 AM

Hi,

We are having similar issue where a simple test job to run "date /T" command fails on the Windows agent machine, could you please share the root cause for this?

Regards,

Santosh

• 5.  Re: Job failed. Exit code 1, Status: "Incorrect function"

Posted Oct 27, 2016 08:48 AM

For *nix

Just do

/bin/true

For windows

set

It is that easy.

Good luck

Steve C.

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.

• 6.  Re: Job failed. Exit code 1, Status: "Incorrect function"

Posted Oct 27, 2016 09:01 AM

Thanks for your quick response Steve

I just ran the test job with the command as "set" but it's the same issue

• 7.  Re: Job failed. Exit code 1, Status: "Incorrect function"

Posted Oct 27, 2016 09:03 AM

Does replacing  "date /T" with "echo %date%" resolve your issue?

• 8.  Re: Job failed. Exit code 1, Status: "Incorrect function"

Posted Oct 27, 2016 09:08 AM

check your agent parm.txt settings for prefixcmd etc.

sounds to me you have an old resolved issue. 

oscomponent.cmdprefix.force=true

oscomponent.profiles.src.delay=false

• 9.  Re: Job failed. Exit code 1, Status: "Incorrect function"

Posted Oct 27, 2016 09:47 AM

another agentparm.txt parameter to check is:

oscomponent.lookupcommand=true

make sure it is set to true

• 10.  Re: Job failed. Exit code 1, Status: "Incorrect function"

Posted Oct 27, 2016 09:55 AM

Geez and I thought I copied that one too.

I do wish that many of these should be out of the box for AutoSys installs.

hintcoughhint

Steve C.

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.

• 11.  Re: Job failed. Exit code 1, Status: "Incorrect function"

Posted Oct 27, 2016 04:48 PM

These are indeed default with AutoSys installs. Even the common Agent installer (since SP4) media has an install time option to choose AutoSys compatibility

Cheers,

Chandru

P.S: Sent from Android phone, please pardon any typos.

• 12.  Re: Job failed. Exit code 1, Status: "Incorrect function"

Posted Oct 28, 2016 07:06 AM

Chandru,

Regardless of compatibility or not , the install sets certain variables to true that disabled the profile attribute. Namely the src.delay.

That should never be turned on for autosys as it disabled profile attribute, which is a mistake in my mind.

Thank you

Steve C.