CA Service Management

• 1.  Office Hours for CA Service Management, December 11 @ 10 AM ET

Posted Dec 04, 2014 05:14 PM

Dear Community Member,

Have a question about CA Service Desk, ITAM and/or CA Service Catalog? Connect with CA Technologies technical experts to get answers via Office Hours for CA Service Management. Our team is here to help you get more out of your technology. Join us for one hour Thursday, December 11th @ 10 AM ET. NOTE - No audio is provided and all Q&A happens via online chat, making it a truly ‘fun’ event.

What type of questions should you ask?

• General Product Questions
    • Best practices
    • Commonly seen issues
    • Technical content and/or scenarios you want our technical information team to focus on.
    • Technical content and/or scenarios you would like our technical information team to NOT focus on.

What type of questions should you not ask?

• Please DO NOT discuss support cases – You will need to open a ticket instead
    • Please DO NOT discuss support of customizations

Click HERE to: https://catechnologies.webex.com/catechnologies/j.php?RGID=r925650088de41f7d21c1c12dad76e1e8  register, add to calendar and join the day of.

*Please note that there is no audio. This is for you to submit your questions only and our experts will respond using WebEx.

• 2.  Re: Office Hours for CA Service Management, December 11 @ 10 AM ET

Posted Dec 10, 2014 03:25 PM

Be sure to join us tomorrow!

Chris_Hackett wrote:

Dear Community Member,

Have a question about CA Service Desk, ITAM and/or CA Service Catalog? Connect with CA Technologies technical experts to get answers via Office Hours for CA Service Management. Our team is here to help you get more out of your technology. Join us for one hour Thursday, December 11th @ 10 AM ET. NOTE - No audio is provided and all Q&A happens via online chat, making it a truly ‘fun’ event.

What type of questions should you ask?

• General Product Questions
    • Best practices
    • Commonly seen issues
    • Technical content and/or scenarios you want our technical information team to focus on.
    • Technical content and/or scenarios you would like our technical information team to NOT focus on.

What type of questions should you not ask?

• Please DO NOT discuss support cases – You will need to open a ticket instead
    • Please DO NOT discuss support of customizations

Click HERE to: https://catechnologies.webex.com/catechnologies/j.php?RGID=r925650088de41f7d21c1c12dad76e1e8  register, add to calendar and join the day of.

*Please note that there is no audio. This is for you to submit your questions only and our experts will respond using WebEx.

• 3.  Re: Office Hours for CA Service Management, December 11 @ 10 AM ET

Posted Dec 17, 2014 12:05 PM

In case you missed last weeks SM Office Hours below is the text of the chat. Be sure to join us for the next SM Office Hours in the New Year!

Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone:                Hi Folks - We'll be starting in just a few minutes. Please hold questions until we announce start.

Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone:                OK Everyone - We're ready to start!

Roger Morse (CA) to Everyone: @Everyone, just in case you were not aware, CA Service Management 14.1 is now GA!  This includes Service Desk Manager, Service Catalog, and ITAM. Download it today from support.ca.com!

Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone:                Here's the link to the survey Roger mentions: http://survey.medallia.com/?product-communities&product=CA%20Service%20Desk%20Manager

Maheshwar Kusuma to Everyone:            I am not sure if this is the right place to ask but where can I find the Entity RElationship digrams for the old and latest version of products i.e Service Catalog, Service Desk etc...

Maheshwar Kusuma to Everyone:            I could not locate in communities nor the support / ca site yet

vinod(CA) subburaj to Everyone:             Hi Maheshwar you can check this place : C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\Service Desk Manager\samples\data

Roger Morse (CA) to Everyone: @Maheshwar, the ERDs on the SDM media, and I believe they are in the SAMPLES/DATA directory.  You can also contact your account manager and they can order you a hard-copy poster.  The SDM ERD has not been updated since SDM 12.5 as the table structures have not significantly changed.  The part number for the poster is SVCDESKR12.5POSTER.

vinod(CA) subburaj to Everyone:             name  of the file is CA_SDM12.5_Logical_Data_Model.pdf

Maheshwar Kusuma to Everyone:            Thank you!

Roger Morse (CA) to Everyone: @Everyone, if you have not yet participated in the Service Management Community Survey, it is open until next Friday, December 19, 2014.  Please use the link in the Community to participate and provide us with your valuable insights.  Thank you!

Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone:                Ready for more questions folks! Please note this is a community chat which contains both customers and CA employees.

Lova Raju to Everyone:  Hi , With Mobile Eanbler shifted with 12.9 version, the scoreboard queries which contain [ ] do not work. Is it the same behaviour in 14.1?

Avneesh Bhatnagar (CA) to Everyone:   The mobile apps now support the custom queries including the ones with dotted notation with 14.1. Also there is a patch available for version 12.9 as well.

Lova Raju to Everyone:  @Avneesh Could you please provide the patch number?

Raghu Rudraraju (CA) to Everyone:         @Lova,  WIN-REST FAILS TO SUPPORT SOME SCOREBOARD QUERIES Fix #RO71086

Raghu Rudraraju (CA) to Everyone:         There are similar patches for other Supported platforms of 12.9 as well

Roger Morse (CA) to Everyone: @Everyone, has anyone on today's forum put Service Management 14.1 into a non-production environment yet? Any plans to do so anytime soon? We are interested in knowing how folks are planning on adopting 14.1

Maheshwar Kusuma to Everyone:            I am triyng to get my hands on the SDM 14.1 version but unable to get the section to bring me to the right page. Support.ca.com - download center - searched for SDM analyst license - page defered to "WIN-SERVICE DESK MANAGER CATALYST CONNECTOR INSTAL"

Maheshwar Kusuma to Everyone:            Am I looking in the right direction?

John Sorensen to Everyone:       @Maheshwar: Do you have access to the CA Service Desk Manager - Full license - MULTI-PLATFORM from the product download drop down list? (That's where I see SDM 14.1)

John Sorensen to Everyone:       @Maheshwar: I also see it from CA Service Desk Manager - Analyst license - MULTI-PLATFORM

Maheshwar Kusuma to Everyone:            No, I get to the page SDM Analyst Full License, select 14.1 but leads me to the wrong downlods

Maheshwar Kusuma to Everyone:            Anyway Thanks so far

John Sorensen to Everyone:       @Maheshwar: Which downloads do you see there?

Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone:                Ready for more questions folks. Don't be shy!

Lova Raju to Everyone:  In 12.9 Federated search  requires Basic authentication on sharepoint server, is there any way we can configure to work with windows authentication?  and is it same in 14.1?

Raghu Rudraraju (CA) to Everyone:         @ Lova, I believe it is the same

Lova Raju to Everyone:  @Raghu Thank you!

Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone:                Thank you all for attending today and we'll see you in January for the next one!

Roger Morse (CA) to Everyone: @Everyone, thank you for participating in the December Service Management Community Office Hours.  Have a wonderful holiday season, and a Happy New Year 2015!

vinod(CA) subburaj to Everyone:             Happy New Year

Raghu Rudraraju (CA) to Everyone:         Happy Holidays and a New Year too