I'm trying to associate an Account with the appropriate Hub, but the hub doesn' appear as an option in the Ownership area when I edit the Account.
Infrastructure Manager --> Security --> Acount Administration --> The Account I am working with --> Ownership field (which contains the names of all the Hubs listed with the exception of the one I am trying to associate.
I then compared that specific Hub with another that does appear in that field and the only difference I can spot is the Hub I am wanting to associate the account with does not have an entry for Topology_Agent in the Subscriber/Queues field.
Properties --> Status Tab --> Subscribers/Queues tab
Any ideas how to get that going?
And I'm sure once that is done I'll have further questions, but first need to muddle through them myself.
The list you see in account administration is technically not a list of hubs but rather a list of origins. The origin for each hub defaults to the name of the hub, but this is an important distinction because it can be changed. That is probably not the issue here, but you might want to check the hub GUI confirm the origin on that hub is not set to something else just to be sure.
Assuming the origin is still set to the hub name, has any QoS data been saved to the database with that origin? I think the list of origins is based on the QoS in the database, so you have to have some data with the origin before it appears in the list.
I see this a lot on new deployments. Basically what it does is:
select distinct(origin) from S_QOS_DATA
So if there has never been any QOS from any of the robots under that hub, it is not in the list.
So if I renamed the "origin" before I added a robot I would have this issue?
Because that is what I had done.
If I am following you correctly.
I will try to rename the Origin back to the original name and see if that will rectify the issue. If not ... You can expect another reply to this thread.
It IS appreciated.
That will work for you, but an FYI: S_QOS_DATA does NOT update if you change a hub name.
There are actually 19 tables (or there were in 2.5.2) that have the column named 'origin' and none of them update if you change the name of a hub. I run the query:
select *From INFORMATION_SCHEMA.COLUMNSWhere COLUMN_NAME= 'origin'
to get the list of tables that need to be updated if you change a hub name. Someone might have an easier way to do it, and if so I would love to hear it!
One way to do it semi-easily is in the SLM. In Tools --> Database Status you can right click on a metric and 'Change Origin' which will update some of the tables for you, but it will at least then show up in your Ownership list.
Hope this helps!
You could manually add it to the CM_ACCOUNT_OWNERSHIP
Thank you for your insight, I had to place a service call. It seems as if the issue involved the NMS Server itself. For whatever reason the logs weren't functioning and once twe had them updating things got better all around.