DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Cluster probe and memory use

Posted Nov 19, 2013 12:07 AM

Has anyone else seen the cluster probe (nimcluster.exe) start consuming large chunks of memory?   We have had several lately run away gobbling memory until it crashed the server.  These are on Windows servers and the probe version is 3.11.

• 2.  Re: Cluster probe and memory use

Posted Nov 19, 2013 12:09 AM

We just saw this issue today. There is a new version of the probe (3.12) which is supposed to fix a memory leak issue. I will be trying it shortly.

• 3.  Re: Cluster probe and memory use

Posted Nov 19, 2013 12:12 AM

Craig,  thanks for the quick response.  We have had these probes in place for weeks and just started seeing this.  Has thisbeen your experience also? - **bleep**

• 4.  Re: Cluster probe and memory use

Posted Nov 19, 2013 12:15 AM

We have been running the probes for a while now and today is the first time the DBA mentioned these issues to us. We were running 3.10 though, and I think our issues were with handles (fixed in 3.11) and not so much the memory. 

• 5.  Re: Cluster probe and memory use

Posted Nov 19, 2013 07:52 PM
    I have seen this and it managed to take all memory on one server, does not seem to affect others. Nimsoft gave me another version whcih io have been running for weeks and it appears to have resolved the issue also 3.12 fixed the problem.

• 6.  Re: Cluster probe and memory use

Posted Nov 20, 2013 07:21 AM

Can confirm that we started seeing the memory issue with 3.11, and it is fixed in 3.12. Have not seen the handles issue.

• 7.  Re: Cluster probe and memory use

Posted Nov 20, 2013 12:00 PM

Hello,

I also had memory issues with 3.11 consuming around 3Gb of memory and in 3.12 I haven't been reported of any issue since I deployed so it seems it's fixed.

J

• 8.  Re: Cluster probe and memory use

Posted Nov 20, 2013 06:11 PM

Thanks for all the feedback.  We will look into upgrading to 3.12.  I will update this post if it fixes our issue.