DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Documentation....ugh

Posted Mar 18, 2010 09:43 AM
    Dashboard Designer has quickly become the thing that most makes me not want to get out of bed in the morning.  Can anybody point me to documentation that would help me understand what I need to enter in the "Arguments" window of the cisco_ucm probe when I want to use it to populate a table with a list of services "list_services"?  I've tried every combination of what I would think would be reasonable guesses for the fields that I'm supposed to fill in:

For port, I use 8443.  For node, I use the hostname of the server I wish to list services from.  For the host, I enter the IP address of the server for which I wish to list services, for the username and password, I list the username and password I use to login to the CUCM Serviceability web page.  I've played around with the variables over and over again and I can never get this stupid thing to produce any data.

• 2.  Re: Documentation....ugh

Posted Apr 12, 2010 03:03 PM

I am afraid that when this probe was developed we only had internal use of the callbacks in mind. Hence, no "user friendly" documentation of the callbacks exist. It might also be that we need to make some modifications in order to make these callbacks useful from SDP.

But if you haven't given up completely yet - the password you want to use is the encrypted password you find in the probe cfg file.

• 3.  Re: Documentation....ugh

Posted Apr 13, 2010 08:23 PM

We have looked a little bit further into this issue. I am afraid that the probe callbacks currently does not return data in the format required by EC and SDP.

I'll encourage you to file a feature request in our Support system for "Enhance cisco_ucm probe callbacks with data formatting supported by SDP".  I will follow up this as an internal matter but if you file a feature request you will be notified when a new release including this enhancement has become available.