DX Unified Infrastructure Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Nas Question: Difference between "on overdue age" and "on every interval"

• 1.  Nas Question: Difference between "on overdue age" and "on every interval"

Posted Nov 28, 2012 11:22 PM

I don't understand the difference between "on overdue age" and "on every interval". Say for example an alert is triggered from a probe every minute, but I only want to send one e-mail out every 5 minutes from the nas.

What are the distinct differences between the two options? Which one should I use?

• 2.  Re: Nas Question: Difference between "on overdue age" and "on every interval"
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 28, 2012 11:31 PM

Running an AO profile "on overdue age" means it will run just once after the specified amount of time has passed after the alarm was created. It has never been clear to me why that is called "overdue".

Running an AO profile "on every interval" means it will happen repeatedly after the specified amount of time. My understanding is that the timing of the intervals is independent of the alarms, so you cannot be certain how much time will pass between the creation of an alarm and the first interval. (For example, an AO profile with a five-minute interval may run one minute after the alarm was created if the alarm was created four minutes into the interval.) But the time between intervals is that which is configured. I have never attempted to validate this myself, so it may behave differently than I think.

It sounds to me like "on every interval" is what you need.