DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  QOS mass changes

Posted Jul 15, 2010 12:32 AM

All, I have a prospect that needs to be able to define what QOS metrics get collected for their CDM probe and have those settings be applied across all devices in their trial.  One additional complication is that they have many and differing disk drives on these servers.  So they want to be able to determine they want these qos metrics for all disk drives, and then if one server has 15 disk drives (that are different from other servers where you have already applied the cdm probe), all 15 will automatically start reporting the desired qos metrics.

Played around with the raw configure, couldn't get that working as desired. 

Also played with changing the config and then saving it back to the archive but that only gets the drives that I already know about.

What can we do here?

Thanks

Lee

• 2.  Re: QOS mass changes

Posted Jul 15, 2010 12:36 AM

The key is to delete the <fixed> </fixed> section in the <disk> sectioin of the saved out config file and set up the default monitoring characteristics in the <default> section. Call me at 408.796.3307 for more details and/or webex assistance.

• 3.  Re: QOS mass changes

Posted Jul 15, 2010 01:52 AM

Hi Lee

In fact there is a probe call cdm_all_disk (or something like this) in the complete download file (in the config pronto directory) which does exactly this.

So please have a look at that.

Rgs

Anjay