Symantec Access Management

• 1.  Siteminder 12.52 Policy server install and Advanced Password Services

Posted Feb 17, 2015 04:39 PM

Can someone confirm that a 12.52 policy server install (or upgrade from 12.x) only installs the library and files that support Advanced Password Services, and does not install  APS itself? The 12.52 doc says

r12.5 and 12.51

The Policy Server installer installs the required shared library and all other required APS server files as part of the Policy Server installation.

It does not specifically say 12.52, but I just would like to confirm whether or not this is the same as in previous versions.

Thanks

• 2.  Re: Siteminder 12.52 Policy server install and Advanced Password Services

Posted Feb 18, 2015 12:35 AM

Hi there,

To my knowledge the APS installation behavior is same in all of the r12.5x release (r12.5, 12.52, 12.52 Sp1)

If you choose NOT to enable APS during Policy server installation/configuration all it does is it renames the "siteminder_home\bin\smaps.dll" to smaps.rename4aps.dll.

Later if you change your mind , and want to enable APS you have two option :

• Re-run PS configuration wizard and enable APS
    • Manually rename the smaps.rename4aps.dll to smaps.dll

Does this clarify your question ?

Regards,

Ujwol

• 3.  Re: Siteminder 12.52 Policy server install and Advanced Password Services

Posted Feb 18, 2015 09:03 AM

YES! This is exactly what I was looking for THANKS!

• 4.  Re: Siteminder 12.52 Policy server install and Advanced Password Services
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 18, 2015 05:30 PM

No worries. Could you please mark this question as answered then ?