Symantec Privileged Access Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Agent ControlMinder Blocks RDP Connections

• 1.  Agent ControlMinder Blocks RDP Connections

Posted Jan 29, 2015 04:30 PM

Dear

Install the agent ControlMinder on a terminal server with Windows Server 2008 R2, after the agent has been installed, users of this server can not connect to the terminal server from computers that are not controlled by the ControlMinder.
    In the action of logging, you come to notice that this undertaking a login and then a logoff is performed.

I need to configure something else? or it can be this lock Connection?

I await your comments.

Thanks for the help.

• 2.  Re: Agent ControlMinder Blocks RDP Connections

Posted Jan 30, 2015 02:49 AM

Hi bbenny,

There can be multiple reasons that i can think of due to which the connection to the terminal server has been blocked for the external users. Can you please elaborate a little more on whether there have been any access control policies deployed on the terminal server other than the baseline policies. And also are the accounts to  which the users are trying to access the terminal server are local accounts on the terminal server. If the accounts are local accounts then are they getting managed by PUPM?

Has there been any firewall rule  changes effecting the terminal server access after the agent deployment?

Warm Regards,

Abhimanyu  Biswas

• 3.  Re: Agent ControlMinder Blocks RDP Connections

Posted Feb 02, 2015 08:15 AM

Dear  Abhimanyu

In the terminal server only has ControlMinder Agent installed, no access control policy deployed, in addition to the baseline policies, users access using your domain account, not using locales.Las access accounts accounts premises are not being managed by PUPM.

There are no changes in the firewall rules.

Thanks in advance for your comments and support.

• 4.  Re: Agent ControlMinder Blocks RDP Connections

Posted Feb 04, 2015 03:06 PM

Hi Abhimanyu

Unfortunately, they proceeded to uninstall forcefully the agent ControlMinder, this uninstallation has left residual data of the initial installation, which does not allow me to reinstall the agent ControlMinder because it gives me the following message: CA ControlMinder Installer Information Setup you have detected a previous installation of CA ControlMinder still present on your machine.

Please reboot and try again.

Already deleted files, folders, records and wastewater services uninstallation process, yet the message persists.

I could miss it removed so you can reinstall the agent ControlMinder and thus able to review again?

I await your comments.

Thanks for the help.

• 5.  Re: Agent ControlMinder Blocks RDP Connections

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 02, 2015 05:48 AM

Hi Benny

Please reproduce the issue and then run the following command on ControlMinder Endpoint server and upload the output.

seaudit -a -sd today

Regards,

Mohammed Mustansir

• 6.  Re: Agent ControlMinder Blocks RDP Connections

Posted Feb 04, 2015 03:03 PM

Hi Mohammed

Unfortunately, they proceeded to uninstall forcefully the agent ControlMinder, this uninstallation has left residual data of the initial installation, which does not allow me to reinstall the agent ControlMinder because it gives me the following message: CA ControlMinder Installer Information Setup you have detected a previous installation of CA ControlMinder still present on your machine.

Already deleted files, folders, records and wastewater services uninstallation process, yet the message persists.

I could miss it removed so you can reinstall the agent ControlMinder and to review the audit logs?

I await your comments.

Thanks for the help.

• 7.  Re: Agent ControlMinder Blocks RDP Connections

Posted Feb 05, 2015 12:21 AM

Hi Bbenny,

Please check in the temp folder for a folder named pre-install. Delete the folder and then start the installation again. Remove registry entries if present.

Warm Regards,

Abhimanyu Biswas

• 8.  Re: Agent ControlMinder Blocks RDP Connections

Posted Feb 05, 2015 11:29 AM

Hi Abhimanyu

Check the Temp folder and pre-install folder, delete the folders, registry entries related files and folders related; still, the same message persists.

Some repository particularly need to clear in order to reinstall?

I await your comments.

In advance thanks for the help.

• 9.  Re: Agent ControlMinder Blocks RDP Connections

Posted Feb 17, 2015 06:34 AM

Hi bbenny,

Also in addition to my earlier comment. Please verify first if there are any residual services running related to CA controlminder. If so then please  run secons -sk which will stop the services. Then try the uninstall option within the uninstaller itself. Please document the observations and share if still it dosen't resolves.

Warm Regards,

Abhimanyu Biswas

• 10.  Re: Agent ControlMinder Blocks RDP Connections

Posted Mar 20, 2015 06:31 PM

Estimated Mohammed

Sending the information requested.

========================================

20 Mar 2015 18:11:23 P LOGIN        LOSANDES\esurriabre   55  2 SCDS06.losandes.

com  Terminal Services (OS user)

20 Mar 2015 18:11:32 O LOGOUT       LOSANDES\esurriabre   49  2 SCDS06.losandes.

=========================================

Please if you could help me with this problem.

I await your comments.

Thanks for the help.

• 11.  Re: Agent ControlMinder Blocks RDP Connections

Posted Feb 17, 2015 06:23 AM

Hi bbenny,

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ComputerAssociates\AccessControl\PUPMAgent

Do you have the above registry entry. Under PUPMAgent you will have EnableRunAsInterface. Change the value to 0. And then refresh and try to start the windows installer.

If the above also dosen't work out. You can see an uninstall option when you start the agent installer. Try using that to uninstall any residual component.

And please document all the above responses and let me know if still you face the issue further.

Warm Regards,

Abhimanyu Biswas

• 12.  Re: Agent ControlMinder Blocks RDP Connections

Posted Feb 18, 2015 08:44 AM

Hello Abhimanyu

Check the active services and do not have any residual service running.

Services.png

Also check the log entries and have no residual of the application in the suggested route.

RegistryEditor.png

Could please tell me what are the registry entries created by the installation ControlMinder agent or other routes can review?.

The error message showing me to try to reinstall it:

CA ControlMinder Installer Information

--------------------------------------

Setup has detected a previous installation of CA ControlMinder still present on your machine.

I await your comments.

Thanks in advance for collaboration.

• 13.  Re: Agent ControlMinder Blocks RDP Connections

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 10, 2015 10:43 AM

Hi Benny

Is there a support ticket opened for this, if not please do create a support ticket to get this issue resolved.

Regards,

Mohammed Mustansir

• 14.  Re: Agent ControlMinder Blocks RDP Connections

Posted Mar 27, 2015 09:39 AM

Estimated Mohammed

Sending the information requested.

========================================

20 Mar 2015 18:11:23 P LOGIN        LOSANDES\esurriabre   55  2 SCDS06.losandes.

20 Mar 2015 18:11:32 O LOGOUT       LOSANDES\esurriabre   49  2 SCDS06.losandes.

=========================================

Please if you could help me with this problem.

I await your comments.

Thanks for the help.

• 15.  Re: Agent ControlMinder Blocks RDP Connections

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 27, 2015 09:52 AM

Hi Benny

Please let us know if STOP is also installed as a part of the ControlMinder installation?

If yes suggest that you uninstall STOP and try reproducing the issue again.

Regards,

Mohammed Mustansir

• 16.  Re: Agent ControlMinder Blocks RDP Connections

Posted Apr 08, 2015 12:03 PM

Dear Mohammed

ControlMinder install the agent without the STOP component and no blocking occurs RDP connections.

Affecting not install this component?

I await your comments.

Thanks for the help.

• 17.  Re: Agent ControlMinder Blocks RDP Connections

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 08, 2015 11:37 PM

Hi Benny

With windows 2003 and above STOP component is no longer required, as operating system also have the same ability and have known to cause conflict.

Regards,

Mohammed Mustansir

• 18.  Re: Agent ControlMinder Blocks RDP Connections

Posted Apr 15, 2015 06:35 AM

Hi bbenny

i had the same issue on a windows 2008R2 server , but once i logged on with different user (domain admin and local admin too) the installation worked fine successfully,

of course i have no explanation but it worked with me that way.

best regards

• 19.  Re: Agent ControlMinder Blocks RDP Connections

Posted Apr 14, 2015 11:07 AM

Hi All

i have the same issue , and can not find any resolution to it ?!!!

i searched every place , where could the setup.exe search before installing ?