CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

SDM 12.9 "Error 12 in NX_OS::shmget (1314390018,,0,0) : Not enough space  (12)"

• 1.  SDM 12.9 "Error 12 in NX_OS::shmget (1314390018,,0,0) : Not enough space  (12)"

Posted Dec 30, 2014 11:02 PM

Hello Everyone,

Had an unusual error message today which I thought I'd share out.

Service Desk Manager 12.9, primary and secondary server running in conventional configuration on Windows servers.

The proctor on the secondary server shows as "Connecting" in pdm_status. There is an error message in the stdlog:

Error 12 in NX_OS::shmget (1314390018,,0,0) : Not enough space  (12) 

A "shmget" is unusual to see on a Windows system for SDM, and not on a UNIX platform.

The solution is found in the SDM 12.9 Administrator Guide:

The following fields appear when you create a server:

Host Name

Specifies the local host name of the server. The local host name is stored in the usp_servers table in local_host column.

Important! Ensure that host name is entered as case-sensitive in the usp_servers table.

It is even helpfully spelled out in red.

Having the wrong case produced the above error and symptoms for one client. Changing the case resolved the issue.

If this post ever helps you out with an issue, please reply to this thread. :-)

Thanks, Kyle_R.

• 2.  Re: SDM 12.9 "Error 12 in NX_OS::shmget (1314390018,,0,0) : Not enough space  (12)"

Posted Dec 31, 2014 12:52 AM

Thanks Kyle_R!

• 3.  Re: SDM 12.9 "Error 12 in NX_OS::shmget (1314390018,,0,0) : Not enough space  (12)"

Posted Jan 06, 2015 01:49 PM

Thanks for sharing this tip with the community Kyle!

Kyle R wrote:

Hello Everyone,

Had an unusual error message today which I thought I'd share out.

Service Desk Manager 12.9, primary and secondary server running in conventional configuration on Windows servers.

The proctor on the secondary server shows as "Connecting" in pdm_status. There is an error message in the stdlog:

1. Error 12 in NX_OS::shmget (1314390018,,0,0) : Not enough space  (12)  

A "shmget" is unusual to see on a Windows system for SDM, and not on a UNIX platform.

The solution is found in the SDM 12.9 Administrator Guide:

The following fields appear when you create a server:

Host Name

Specifies the local host name of the server. The local host name is stored in the usp_servers table in local_host column.

Important! Ensure that host name is entered as case-sensitive in the usp_servers table.

It is even helpfully spelled out in red.

Having the wrong case produced the above error and symptoms for one client. Changing the case resolved the issue.

If this post ever helps you out with an issue, please reply to this thread. :-)

Thanks, Kyle_R.

• 4.  Re: SDM 12.9 "Error 12 in NX_OS::shmget (1314390018,,0,0) : Not enough space  (12)"

Posted Oct 23, 2018 09:16 AM

Hello,

I have a customer who opened a support case with exactly the same error message, the problem was on the secondary.
    It happens when we upgrade the secondary with services of SDM stopped

This tecdoc solved the problem

Secondary upgrade 14.1 to 17.1 - exception during - CA Knowledge 

Best regards

Chris