CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Integration CA Service Desk Manager & CA Client Automation

• 1.  Integration CA Service Desk Manager & CA Client Automation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 18, 2014 05:30 AM

Hello I'd like to ask for you assistance with the following scenario: I've got CA SDM 12.6 on win2k8, MDB installed on Oracle 11g/solaris and now I need to install CA client Auto. On Wind2k8 with SGBD on SQL Server 2008 (we're aware that integration between SDM and ITCM on Oracle is not recommended once we'll loose the continuous discovery capability due to a restriction on CCS installation using oracle SGBD) We would like to know how database replication works and if continuous discovery would work considering that according to the documentation, Client Auto using SQL server needs to have CCS installed on both, SQL and ITCM servers. They will be installed on separate servers. About the inventory data replication process, we're planning to perform replication between SDM MDB on Oracle and ITCM MDM on SQL server by creating a DSM Explorer task and configuring  the oracle client TNS names in the ITCM domain server. Is this the right ans best way to do it???? If so, p,ease validate the following steps: 1 run ITCM MDB installer onto SDM oracle MDB server, to create the ITCM MDB objects 2 install ITCM MDB onto SQL server 3 install ITCM 12.8 4 install oracle client and configure TNS for SDM oracle database 5 create replication task within DSM Explorer Original post in Portuguese-BR - https://communities.ca.com/message/241727790#241727790 Best Regards Thanks!

• 2.  Re: Integration CA Service Desk Manager & CA Client Automation

Posted Dec 18, 2014 06:31 AM

Hi Kleber,

I'm not sure if this approach would help, Including ITCM community for more thoughts on this.

Thanks,

Naveen

• 3.  Re: Integration CA Service Desk Manager & CA Client Automation

Posted Dec 18, 2014 06:35 AM

• 4.  Re: Integration CA Service Desk Manager & CA Client Automation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 18, 2014 07:26 AM

Thank you Naveen! Best Regards