DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Database manual

Posted Mar 07, 2011 11:44 AM
    Hi , We're currently setting up a custom dashboard that is monitoring some processes , i find the database to be quite large to know what all the tables do, is there some kind of manual where the autogenerated table defenitions are listen, some sort of index of any kind. Or is there some other way how i can reveal what qos or sla makes what table. We currently have some tutorial videos from our predecessor but these got outdated as it was in an older version. Thanks in advance

• 2.  Re: Database manual
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 07, 2011 05:32 PM

All of the QoS collected by probes goes into the RN_QOS_DATA_* tables. Each table represents a "type" of QoS, such as QOS_CPU_USAGE or QOS_MEMORY_USAGE. To see a list of QoS types known to your NMS, you can look in the S_QOS_DEFINITION table. The QoS definitions are created by the probes, so as you use new types of probes, you will see more definitions appear in that table.

Within each of the RN_QOS_DATA_* tables, you can have data from multiple sources and/or targets. For example, the table that holds the data for the QOS_CPU_USAGE type may have CPU utilization data from many hosts/devices. A QoS object is uniquely identified by a type, a source, and a target. You can see a list of all QoS objects known to your NMS by looking in the S_QOS_DATA table. For each QoS object, that table stores the ID and which of the RN_QOS_DATA_* tables contains its data.

I hope this helps as a starting point.

-Keith

• 3.  Re: Database manual

Posted Mar 08, 2011 12:57 PM
    Thanks , that clears up alot of things !

• 4.  Re: Database manual

Posted Mar 08, 2011 03:59 PM

Here's a doc that might help you with the Db schema.

• 5.  Re: Database manual

Posted Mar 09, 2011 12:56 PM
    This was exactly what I was looking for, thanks a lot!