DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  SNGTW 2.0 mapping ORIGIN

Posted Aug 19, 2013 07:11 PM

anyone experiencing issue trying to map and send origin alarm field using sngtw 2.0?

I'm able to map and send all other fields but Origin field.  Checked the field mapping in Raw aonfigure and it's set to "Origin".

I'm not sure if it is a GUI bug or the issue but I also noticed in the GUI, everytime i highlight it and shows near the update button  i see it wants Time_Origin(long) instead of the Origin(string).  Raw Configure still always says just Origin though maybe htat overlaps with Time_origin?.?.? 

• 2.  Re: SNGTW 2.0 mapping ORIGIN

Posted Aug 21, 2013 05:24 PM

What is your origin field mapped to on the SN side? We had some issues, however, they were on the SN side. There is a bug with the URL that NImsoft generates and places in the Custom 2 field, Nimsoft gave us a Hotfix for that issue.

• 3.  Re: SNGTW 2.0 mapping ORIGIN

Posted Sep 04, 2013 07:08 PM

sorry for delay. I just rebuilt my dev to latest nimosft and it seems to work now.  i don't know if somthing was messed up in the config since i had to reinstall to test another project.  

Update:

Field updates are difficult to re-map once mapped.  it's as if the probe remebers the old field.  when remapping renamed fileds i have to completley blow the probe away and delete the directory for sngtw.  i have a feeling something in local db file is not getting updated properly form the GUI though i don't now how ot read what is in local db file to prove it.  It also probabaly why orign just started working for me after rebuild from original post.

New issue i'm having now is time fields in nimosft probe is datatype (long) and when you set serviceNow fields to dateTime they are set as string in servicenow WSDL so you get datatype mismatch when trying to map.  Per the document the inc sie should be dateTime/date/time however WSDL changes the type to string regardless of the servicenow datatype.  even the built-in Open At out of the box INC field is dateTime and WSDL shows as string so i'm not sure how one would ever map a Nimsoft Time field (long) using WSDL.

• 4.  Re: SNGTW 2.0 mapping ORIGIN

Posted Sep 20, 2013 07:58 PM
    I'm having the same issue with the time/date fields. If you find an answer, it would be awesome, nothing I tried worked on either the SN or Nimbus side. Re:smileysurprised:rigin, yeah, it doesn't work for me either. I might try blowing the probe away or just installing it on a different robot to see if that fixes that issue. Lots of problems with this thing, I do have it mostly doing what I want it to do now though. Just no time info.

• 5.  Re: SNGTW 2.0 mapping ORIGIN

Posted Sep 27, 2013 06:43 PM

So, yeah the data mismatch is an issue, to workaround I took the.arrival time and created a simple script paired with an AO profile that formats the time and assigns to the custom 4 field which is seen as a string on the probe mapped fields.

Script: 

a = alarm.get()
    a.custom_4 = timestamp.format(a.arrival, "%m-%d-%Y %H:%M:%S")
    alarm.set(a)

AO profile is on a 1 minute overdue age for the assignment to the custom field and AO profile to send to SN is 2 min overdue to ensure the field is popluated.

Also, my SN administrator had to do some conversion on the SN side to get the time to work correctly on the SN side, not sure what that was but it is working for us now.

• 6.  Re: SNGTW 2.0 mapping ORIGIN

Posted Oct 30, 2013 09:59 PM
    Awesome, I'm the SN admin too so I can get that going, thanks for this script! It helps a lot!