This seems like an elementary question but I do not see this procedure covered in the APM guide's WebView section.
For which version are you inquiring about? In 9.5 you would need to use the Workstation to create/generate/view reports.
I also built a scheduled report generator that uses cron-styled schedules so that users could get them every Monday etc. without having to login and generate them. It's posted.
Field Pack: Introscope Report Generator
What are the steps that I would go through to use Workstation? I am asking for APM 9.5.
Just do the following:
1. Open up a browser and go to the URL http://<EM home>:8081
2. When the page comes up, click on Start Introscope Workstation
3. You will then see a popup asking for a login. Use the same login as you do in WebView.
4. By default the Console window will open. On the menu, click on Workstation -> New Management Module Editor
5. The Management Module Editor window will open.
From there, you can go to the menu item Elements -> New Report Template. From there you can create the report template in the Management Module you wish to report on. Then you would expand the tree on the left hand side, go to your report template and then set up what metrics and time frame you want to have the report show.
For more info on the Report Template, please visit the Workstation Guide in the 9.5 bookshelf below. Chapter 6, page 245
Thank you! I appreciate the detailed steps and links. Have a good weekend.