DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Apache probe not posting QoS consistently

Posted Jun 01, 2012 04:35 PM

We are using the 1.51 version of the Apache probe with about 30 profiles defined.  When I go in and tell the probe to monitor a new KPI it performs that fine.  However, if I check the "publish QoS" box, it never sends the QOS_DEFINITION message to add that new column in the DB.

This seems to happen when I have more than just a few profiles defined.  Having only one profile defined in the .cfg file works just fine defining what QoS I want published.  However, when you have as many as I do, the QoS publishing fails.

I've tried to re-install the probe and that makes no difference.  It doesn't seem to be able to parse large .cfg file for QoS.

Can any of the community members confirm this behavior?  I have a ticket with Nimsoft open for this but they seem to be in denial that this is a bug.

• 2.  Re: Apache probe not posting QoS consistently

Posted Jun 01, 2012 04:39 PM

So when the probe cold restarts with a bunch of profiles in the config, it does not send any QOS_DEFINITION messages? Or it fails to send QOS_DEFINITION messages only for new QoS that was added recently?

Does the probe still send QOS_MESSAGE messages, or do those stop working as well?