IT Process Automation

• 1.  Due Date in User Task List?

Posted Oct 24, 2014 02:12 PM

Hello,

I am in the process of building my first process using PAM, and I'm sure this is a silly question, but how is the "Due Date" in the User Task list populated? Thanks..

• 2.  Re: Due Date in User Task List?

Posted Oct 27, 2014 03:15 AM

Hello CyanX,

in the task in "Execution Settings" uncheck "no timeout", select Duration or Target Date and fill the Duration/Target Date and Time

Regards,

Miroslav

• 3.  Re: Due Date in User Task List?

Posted Nov 07, 2014 08:18 AM

Hi Mirec,

I must still be doing something wrong! I've unchecked "no timeout" and added the date to both the Duration and Target Date in the mm/dd/yyyy format, saved and checked in the process, but there is still no date showing in the user task list. Am I missing something else??

• 4.  Re: Due Date in User Task List?
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 07, 2014 08:22 AM

You can’t uses both Duration and Target Date…you have to pick one.

Here’s what the documentation says about the format of the input:

Duration/Target Date and Time

■ If you select Duration:

Enter a timeout duration in seconds.

The proper format for this field is anything that can be treated as an integer/long, or string literals (for example,"10").

The timeout is specific to each iteration of a loop. Therefore, a timeout occurs only if a single iteration takes longer than the timeout duration.

■ If you select Target Date:

Enter a date and time when you want the operator to time out.

When a string literal is entered in this field, it can be in one of the following formats:

■ JVM Format - The date/time format that the Java application understands. This format varies with the Java installation.

■ If the JVM format is unknown, enter as "MM/dd/yyyy HH:mm:ss".

■ Any other format must use a CA Process Automation library method named "parseDate". This method takes in two parameters: (a) Date as a string literal and (b) Format in which the string must be parsed. For example, parseDate("10/10/2010 10:10:10"," dd/MM/yyyy HH:mm:ss") returns this date: 10th of October 2010 10 hrs 10 mins and 10 secs.

If Target is selected as the Type, the Reset option (under Action) is disabled.

Note: Be sure to enter this data in the proper format or else the operator ignores these timeout settings.

• 5.  Re: Due Date in User Task List?

Posted Nov 07, 2014 08:48 AM

Hi Tom,

Yes, I meant to say I was trying each option separately. I did however try the documentation above for "Duration" and it worked like a charm! Did you get this excerpt from the Process Automation Content Designer Guide? This is the main reference I've been using in building my process...

• 6.  Re: Due Date in User Task List?

Posted Nov 07, 2014 07:42 PM

Hey CyanX,

I got this from the Designer Reference.  The Designer Guide has an abbreviated description (not as much detail):

Duration

Specifies the timeout duration in seconds.

Target Date

Specifies the timeout date (MM/DD/YYYY) and time (24 hours).

Thanks,

Tom

• 7.  Re: Due Date in User Task List?

Posted Nov 08, 2014 01:16 PM

Thanks, Tom. I just downloaded the Designer Reference. Appreciate it!