Symantec Access Management

Expand all | Collapse all

How to display Custom Authentication Scheme exception handling messages in customized login.fcc page

• 1.  How to display Custom Authentication Scheme exception handling messages in customized login.fcc page

Posted Aug 18, 2014 08:29 AM

I am doing some validation in Custom Authentication Scheme and I would like to display that error/validation messages in my customized login.fcc page. I tried with DynamicRetires.fcc but here I would like to display the messages in runtime based on my validation in Custom Authentication Scheme.

Thanks in Advance

• 2.  Re: How to display Custom Authentication Scheme exception handling messages in customized login.fcc page
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 18, 2014 10:24 AM

One way to provide error messages from a custom auth scheme back to the login page is to:

1. Make the URL of the FCC page available to the auth scheme,
    2. If authenticatication fails create your error message and append it as a query string parameter to your FCC URL (loginUrl + "?ERRORMSG=" + errmsg)
    3. Set the lpszErrMsg authentication scheme argument with the value of your FCC URL
    4. When creating the SmAuthenticationResult, use SmAuthenticationResult.REASON_ERROR_MESSAGE_IS_REDIRECT as the second input parameter to the
      SmAuthenticationResult constructor.

Your login page will either need to be a JSP/ASP/etc. that can obtain the query string error message parameter and display it, or a .fcc that uses Javascript to obtain and display the  query string error message parameter.

• 3.  Re: How to display Custom Authentication Scheme exception handling messages in customized login.fcc page

Posted Aug 18, 2014 05:26 PM

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your reply.