Clarity

• 1.  Increase the length of the attribute

Posted Jul 08, 2009 05:13 AM
    Is there a way to increase the lengh of the attribute in Clarity studio? (it is grayed out to make any changes)  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanksvani.

• 2.  Re: Increase the length of the attribute

Posted Jul 08, 2009 05:51 AM
    "Stock" attributes (CA defined) then you can't change their size (they will be implemented in the stock schema).  For "custom" attributes (defined by YOU) then you should be able to change (increase) their size (these being implemented in the custom schema - i.e. against the ODF_CA_??? tables).  You CAN of course hide the stock-attribute and replace it with a very similar looking attribute of your own, against which you can specify the size you want - of course this has lots of "functional" implications depending on exactly what it is you are trying to change!  David MortonCapgemini

• 3.  Re: Increase the length of the attribute

Posted Jul 08, 2009 06:03 AM
    Thanks Dave for the quick response.  we have a situation here  in the resource requisition section the project attribute(Object: requisition, attribute: Project)  is set to 60 and in the project object (Object: project, Attribute: Name) the Name is set to 80, when user has a project name of 65  on the  resource requisiton page on save or on submit it is throwing an error message (Value is too large).  Any work-arounds in this situation?  Thanks,vani.

• 4.  Re: Increase the length of the attribute

Posted Jul 08, 2009 06:22 AM
    I'm afraid I don't use the "Requisitions" functionality at all - but what you describe sounds like a BUG to me though!   Certainly the attribute size is 60 in my Requisitions object and 80 in my project object!   (v8.1)  Perhaps someone else actually using this functionality might like to comment?  Dave.

• 5.  Re: Increase the length of the attribute

Posted Jul 08, 2009 06:41 AM
    Thanks Dave for looking this through. I really appreciate it.  I will log this issue in CA support site.  Thamks,Vani.

• 6.  Re: Increase the length of the attribute

Posted Jul 23, 2009 02:46 AM
    Hi,       No way to increase the length for stock attribute. Just create a new attribute (Requistion Name) and hide the exiting stock attribute (Requisition Name).then replace the new attribute instead of stock attribute in create and edit view page.

• 7.  Re: Increase the length of the attribute
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 23, 2009 03:18 AM
    Thanks for your response Senthil. I have submitted a ticket and found out there is a known bug in clarity and they are going to fix it in 12.0.4.  Thanks,vani.

• 8.  Re: Increase the length of the attribute

Posted Jul 26, 2009 10:49 PM
    There used to be a work around for this if you really wanted to do it: The database fields are in some cases for doublebyte characters therefore you can XOG write longer field values than what you can do in the GUI.  Martti K.