DX NetOps

• 1.  Export Data Using nhExportData

Posted Apr 20, 2015 04:14 AM

Hello,

I have exported WAN Link Bandwidth Utilization data using a below command for a group of devices. This below command gave me all bandwidth utilization in and out data as expected.

Now, i will need to filter the data only for those elements where utilization was spiked more than 70%. I dont see any parameter with this below command to do this, hence i am trying to see if there is other way to do this. Attached the data which was exported by the below command.

Thank you.

nhExportData -subjName "NSS_Pro_Inf_MPLS_ATT" -host ctsinmbpvca06 -outFile ddoOutputFile -autoRange lastWeek -subjType group -vars "bandwidthIn,bandwidthOut"

Any help and information with this really appreciated.

Regards,

Murugesh

• 2.  Re: Export Data Using nhExportData

Posted Apr 22, 2015 07:08 AM

Any one in the community?

• 3.  Re: Export Data Using nhExportData

Posted May 01, 2015 01:10 AM

Hi Murugesh,

Is this the same issue that you have opened up a support ticket with Ramana for? I can help you out through that ticket in that case.

Thanks

Darshan

• 4.  Re: Export Data Using nhExportData

Posted May 03, 2015 11:59 PM

Hi Darsdhan, Yes, it is. Any help is appreciated.

• 5.  Re: Export Data Using nhExportData

Posted May 04, 2015 10:58 AM

The nhExportData command was created so you can dump all the data from eHealth for a particular time range.  There was no filtering mechanism like you describe built into it that I am aware of.  Instead of using nhExportData, you can run various reports to provide the filtered data.  Most of the reports have the ability to produce tabular and/or csv output.  If you can't find a report to do the filtering as specifically as you need, you may have to create a script to parse the output of this command.  If you need every data point that exceeded your target value (70% in your example), parsing the output of nhExportData would probably be the easiest way to go.  If this is something you need to do all the time, you could create a custom scheduled job type and then run it in the scheduler.

Just a couple ideas for you...

Chris

• 6.  Re: Export Data Using nhExportData

Posted Jul 14, 2015 03:23 PM

MurugesanR - did this answer your question? Please be sure to mark this response as correct if it did. If not, it would be great if you could add the resolution from your support case to this thread once it's closed out to help other users with similar issues. Thanks!

• 7.  Re: Export Data Using nhExportData

Posted Jun 29, 2015 11:16 AM

Darshan. could you add the resolution details from the support ticket to close this thread.

Thx

pete

• 8.  Re: Export Data Using nhExportData
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 15, 2015 03:23 AM

Usage of nhExportData command and its limitations were explained to Murugesh via the support ticket. Also, usage of TopN reports explained.

• 9.  Re: Export Data Using nhExportData

Posted Aug 19, 2017 06:40 AM

Hi Darshan Desai,

how to export all data in csv format for all fields via CLI

• 10.  Re: Export Data Using nhExportData

Posted Jul 15, 2015 07:59 AM

Hi!

Just an info:

The nhExportData command will output any sample that it currently has.

i.e.: If only 5 minute samples exist for the desired time range, then the

utility can only give you 5 minute sample

nhExportData will get value from STAT0 ( Raw Data) table in ehealth database.

Normal poll is sent to device after ping, and poll get mib value from the device, and calculate value at formula describe at mtf file, and stored

calculated value into STAT0 table.

There is no way to filter as you want where utilization was spiked more than 70%, this is a nhExportdata command limitation.

• 11.  Re: Export Data Using nhExportData

Posted Aug 19, 2017 06:39 AM

Hi Darshan Desai,

how to export all data in csv format for all fields via CLI