DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Can we schedule the daily report generation from CA Introscope?

Posted Mar 17, 2015 09:42 AM

If yes please lemme know the steps.

• 2.  Re: Can we schedule the daily report generation from CA Introscope?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 17, 2015 10:24 AM

Currently, Introscope does not have the capability for scheduling reports directly.

However, there is a way you can achieve this.  Introscope supports XML and CSV formats for report output, so by using the Command Line Workstation, you can generate a report and create a scheduler (on Windows) or a cron job (on UNIX) to run it regularly.

Example of CLW command:

generate report named \"Application Capacity Planning\" in management module named "Sample" starting at \"2015/3/1 12:00 AM\" ending at \"2015/3/10 12:00 AM\" to report.csv

Thanks,

Matt

• 3.  Re: Can we schedule the daily report generation from CA Introscope?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 17, 2015 10:35 AM

To add to this, you probably want to set up parameters for your start date/time and end date/time so you can get it every day.  My example above is for a series of days and I just realized that after I wrote it.

So you could tailor it to your needs, i.e. starting at 8 AM to 8 PM daily. 

• 4.  Re: Can we schedule the daily report generation from CA Introscope?

Posted Mar 18, 2015 01:00 AM

I wrote a field pack a while back that takes care of the complicated stuff and allows you to schedule report generation.

Field Pack: Introscope Report Generator

Chris

• 5.  Re: Can we schedule the daily report generation from CA Introscope?

Posted Mar 26, 2015 05:58 AM

Hi Chris,

Could you please let me know how this Field Pack should be installed in Introscope and how does it work?

• 6.  Re: Can we schedule the daily report generation from CA Introscope?

Posted Mar 26, 2015 10:01 AM

It's all available in the download.  It runs from anywhere you wish and sets up with cron to run relatively simple scripts with command-line workstation (CLW) to execute reports.  I created config files so you could easily schedule the execution of various reports in a modular style.