DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Trying to consolidating alert threshold information in Introscope. Any suggestions on "how to"?

Posted Aug 01, 2014 05:31 AM

As a first step towards Introscope alerts standardizations, we need to collect the info on current alerts configurations. Going through the Management Module Editor can be a little pain for a large environment and may take days to finish. A command line method (such as CLWorkstation), if feasible will be a huge favor.

Not sure if CA will be including such features in the future versions. But until then, looking for some brighter ideas and your comments.

• 2.  Re: Trying to consolidating alert threshold information in Introscope. Any suggestions on "how to"?

Posted Aug 07, 2014 02:56 AM

The physical implementation of a management module is a jar-file, were the part ManagementModel.xml contains all specifications done in the Management Module Editor.

By doing some clever parsing of this information, you are able to extract the information that is relevant for you.

These jar-files are stored in config/modules (and in subdirectories in case domains are used)

• 3.  Re: Trying to consolidating alert threshold information in Introscope. Any suggestions on "how to"?
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 07, 2014 03:58 PM

Hi Ayaz,

To answer your query, we already had too many discussions\ideas before on this. Please follow the below links -

CLW Command to import Alerts configurational details

CLW command to extract threshold value

Extarct thresholds from Database

I hope these links would be answering your query. But what I am more interested in is, can we change the values manually ( or using "jar -uf...." command ) for the ManagementModule.xml present in the jar file.

It seems I am deviating from the topic\query, but thought just to share my view. Let me know if you feel any difficulty in getting the alerts data.

Regards,
    Vaibhav