DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Managing Introscope cluster health

Posted Mar 17, 2011 12:19 PM
    Hello,

I am new to the community and relatively new to Introscope and CEM.

I inhertied my Wily environment after it had been installed and many of our applications were instrumented. Since I have been managing it I have run into a number of problems just keeping Introscope up and running 24/7.

I am working to creaate a dashboard to monitor the health of Introscope. I am interested in what admins are doing to monitor the health of their environments.

Thank you!

Donald Dandrea
    Enterprise Systems Administrator
    Erie Insurance
    don.dandrea@erieinsurance.com

• 2.  RE: Managing Introscope cluster health

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 17, 2011 12:51 PM
    Donald,
    What version of Introscope are you managing?

Introscope 9.x has a two new management modules that are created to specifically what you're asking about. If you have 9.x, check <INTROSCOPE_HOME>/examples load modules Collector_1.jar and MOM_Infra_Monitoring_MM.jar.

-Hiko

• 3.  RE: Managing Introscope cluster health

Posted Mar 17, 2011 12:52 PM
    Currently we are running version 8.2.3 but we are planning to upgrade to version 9 next month.

• 4.  RE: Managing Introscope cluster health
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 17, 2011 01:08 PM
      |   view attached
    In the Sizing and Performance Guide, it discusses points of interest in terms of monitoring your EM cluster. You can get an quick overview of them by looking at clicking on the "Enterprise Manager" node in the Investigator.

Again, refer to the guide for best practices concerning these metrics and ensure you have your EMs sized properly for the hardware, OS, # of apps, and # of metrics.

-Hiko