DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  WebView not showing most current version of dashboard

Posted Oct 27, 2009 10:57 AM
    I just started using WebView and I have noticed that when I save changes in the Console editor they do not get sent on to the webview.   For example, I added a new text link which links to an object (another dasbhoard) and the text link does appear as a link.   Has anyone else seen this?  I've tried:-A different version of IE-An older version of silverlight-Clearing cache and temporary internet files-Tried a completely different computer.  I've also opened up a case with support but just wondering if anyone else has seen this while support is investigating.  

• 2.  Re: WebView not showing most current version of dashboard

Posted Oct 27, 2009 12:34 PM
    Hi Nick,  I have pinged some other CA folks to see if they have input as well.  Regards,Chris

• 3.  Re: WebView not showing most current version of dashboard

Posted Oct 27, 2009 02:58 PM
    Thank you kindly Chris.   Please pass this on to the powers that be (I mean this).   You are doing an absolutely phenemenol job with this forum/user community.   I haven't posted a whole lot to this forum but follow it quite closely and you are EVERYWHERE.   You always go way above and beyond to help people out and keep them informed of upcoming things, etc.   Keep up the great work!!!      I look forward to your response to my question.

• 4.  Re: WebView not showing most current version of dashboard
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 28, 2009 10:10 AM
    Hello Nick,I haven't been able to reproduce the issue  using Introscope 8.1.1.0 and 7.2.3.0.  - Which version of Introscope and Webview are you using?- When did you notice the problem?- Has anything changed in the environment?- Are the Management modules/dashboards created from the same  EM and webview version or from a previous version?- When you said   "...and the text link does appear as a link" are you saying that the hand does not appear on mouse hover? or it just doesn't work at all?- Do you have the same problem using introscope workstation?- Please enable verbose trace mode on the EM and Webview side.  To turn on verbose mode on the EM:
    a) Open the /config/IntroscopeEnterpriseManager.properties:
    b) replace the line:
        log4j.logger.Manager=INFO, console
    with
      log4j.logger.Manager=VERBOSE#com.wily.util.feedback.Log4JSeverityLevel,logfileTo  turn on verbose mode on the Webivew:a) Open the /config/IntroscopeWebView.properties:b) replace the line:
     log4j.logger.WebView=INFO, console
    log4j.logger.WebServer=INFO, console
    log4j.logger.com.wily=INFO, consolewith  log4j.logger.WebView=VERBOSE#com.wily.util.feedback.Log4JSeverityLevel, logfile
    log4j.logger.WebServer=VERBOSE#com.wily.util.feedback.Log4JSeverityLevel, logfile
    log4j.logger.com.wily=VERBOSE#com.wily.util.feedback.Log4JSeverityLevel,  logfileOnce applied all these changes, perform some tests and attach the following files:-- zipped content of {EM_HOME}/logs directory.--  Management module (s)--  screenshot displaying the issue from both workstaiton and webview  Please let me know what is the incident #.  Regards,  Sergio

• 5.  Re: WebView not showing most current version of dashboard

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 27, 2009 05:03 AM
    Hello Nick,Have you been able to look at this?   Is this still an issue?Please let me know the incident# so I can follow the investigation with the engineer.  Thanks,  Sergio

• 6.  Re: WebView not showing most current version of dashboard

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 07, 2009 12:18 AM
    Hello Nick,Have you been able to look at this?   Is this still an issue?Please let me know the incident# so I can follow the investigation with the engineer.  Thanks,  Sergio

• 7.  Re: WebView not showing most current version of dashboard

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 08, 2009 11:55 PM
    Please let us know if you need further assistant on this question.  So far, I haven't been able to reproduce the same issue in all my test environments.  Regards,  Sergio