Clarity

• 1.  Folder Visibility/Traceability in Collaboration Tab

Posted Jun 05, 2014 03:44 PM

Hi All,

Can we make some folders hide/visible based on some attribute conditions of project. i.e. if the Progress Status is In progress then show a certain set of folders, if it is Completed then show a certain set of documents.

Also is there any way to trace if any documents have been deleted from the collaboration Tab as Audit Trail is not present.

Regards,

Teena Antony

• 2.  Re: Folder Visibility/Traceability in Collaboration Tab

Posted Jun 27, 2014 06:51 PM

Hi All,

Any ideas here for Teena?

Thanks!

Chris

• 3.  Re: Folder Visibility/Traceability in Collaboration Tab

Posted Jun 28, 2014 02:30 AM

You could put those attributes on a subpage with a display condition.

First yous create a new subpage and then create the condition, create section(s) and put the attributes there.

In your case you would have to have several to match all the options that can occur.

Below are two screenshots how you would get started with that by creating a new subpage  in project edit properties

As far the collaboration documents are concerned there is a job for purging documents

Purge Documents Purge documents according to the specified parameters, but I think that applies to documents not deleted by the users. It may be that once a user deletes a document it it gone permanently.

You can confirm it one way or the other by doing a test and looking at the clb_dms_  tables like CLB_DMS_FILES.

I have tested attachments. When they ale deleted by a user the are gone for ever, unless there is a database backup.

• 4.  Re: Folder Visibility/Traceability in Collaboration Tab

Posted Jul 08, 2014 03:19 PM

Hi Urmas,

Here we are talking about 22 folders and they will be having sub folders also,

Regards,

Teena Antony

• 5.  Re: Folder Visibility/Traceability in Collaboration Tab

Posted Jul 08, 2014 04:44 PM

If I read it correctly you do not say whether your docs were in the file system or in the db. Either way if you had a backup prior to the suspected deletion time that could be your best route.

• 6.  Re: Folder Visibility/Traceability in Collaboration Tab

Posted Jul 09, 2014 08:09 AM

Hi Urmas,

Guess there is confusion. My 1st question is, we can create multiple folders in the Collaboration Tab right, can we make some folders visible based on some conditions. i.e for example when it is in requirement gathering stage the folders related to requirement gathering should be visible, if it is development then the folders related to Development should be visible. like, wise?

By my 2nd question, I want to know if audit trail is possible in Collaboration?

Regards,

Teena Antony

• 7.  Re: Folder Visibility/Traceability in Collaboration Tab
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 09, 2014 09:03 AM

The way I see it any display conditions were applicable at the top level of collaboration - all or nothing.

Folders do not have display conditions in the same manner as studio object view pages etc. Instead you give permissions directly. That when you create you have these options

Once you have created a folder you have permissions in the Action drop down menu

Which you can manually change. So it is not possible to have them change based on project stage, user group etc in the same manner as subpages in project properties views. You would have to ask somebody else if you can create a process which launches when a project attribute like status gets a certain value and changes the permissions within available option.

Collaboration in with project and for auditing you would have to look at the auditing options of the project object. When I look at them I do not recognize any that were related to auditing. So the answer is no.

Then again you could build a query that retrieves the data regarding the collaboration documents and folders and store the results. That could include who created and who modified, but not who deleted. The data would come from the records and when a record  is deleted the created by and modified by fields are gone with the record.

• 8.  Re: Folder Visibility/Traceability in Collaboration Tab

Posted Jul 09, 2014 05:45 PM

Teena,

If you have a standard set of documents that your projects should have, one could create a job/procedure that would check the projects to ascertain whether the required documents were present or not.  If not, you wouldn't be able to identify who deleted the documents, but you could have the job put a copy back.  Of course, the copy would likely be a template, not a version with any content that might have been added to the document prior to its deletion.

As a preventative measure - limit delete permissions to as few people as is absolutely necessary.

Clarity has a document manager system (DMS), which is different than a document control system (DCS) or a records management system (RMS) - you won't find many of the bells/whistles in this DMS that one would find in a DCS or RMS.  If you need a DCS or an RMS, which sounds like you might, best to look for another tool.

Dale

• 9.  Re: Folder Visibility/Traceability in Collaboration Tab

Posted Jan 10, 2017 09:21 AM

I'd be interested in this as well. We are starting to define a unified process and will be storing some standard documentation on the Collaboration tab. We've enabled some OBS permissions to allow people to search for documents within projects aligned to their OBS via the Project Document Review portlet, but don't have a way to auto-check folders for required documentation. Any luck with this in the past? Would one need a standard naming convention for searching?