DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  CEM hourly stats not starting

Posted Dec 06, 2013 03:21 PM

Hi Community

I have my APM stats aggregation service that is not starting @ hour

Do you have any clue what can this be related?

I have no jdbc errors in the log but it seems that only the daily stat is scheduled and not the hourly.

I tried to start the service in another collector but did not succeded

Any help can be very appreciated

Best regards

Luca Razzi

• 2.  RE: CEM hourly stats not starting

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 07, 2013 11:01 AM

Luca:

If this is 9.5, there is one known issue with hourly aggregation. Please open a support case and we will be glad to look at it. I aam also assuming the EM is configured and architectured correctly

Thanks

Hal German

CA Technologies Support

• 3.  RE: CEM hourly stats not starting
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 07, 2013 11:24 AM
    gerha02:

Luca:

If this is 9.5, there is one known issue with hourly aggregation. Please open a support case and we will be glad to look at it. I aam also assuming the EM is configured and architectured correctly

Thanks

Hal German

CA Technologies Support

Thank you for the kind reply. I opened a case to the support this morning but I have solved by myself in the meantime. They did not respond yet.
    Really , EM is 9.1.1.1. What happended was that the daily stats did not start cause they felt the hourly stats was running and taking too long (hours...was stuck really). So I realized that the hourly was inside the StatCollection Service running on another EM. So I restarted it and now everything is in the DB. data rebuilt correctly. At least the question is...why the hourly stat was hung? OOM? .Anyway thanks and have a good week end.
    Luca Razzi