DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Email action message

Posted Feb 11, 2011 06:42 PM
    Is there a way to modify the message the gets sent for an email action? From what I can see you can just specify if the email addresses, smtp server, and if you want a "short message", but nothing to change the content of the message.

• 2.  RE: Email action message
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 14, 2011 06:07 AM
    you can make a shell script tha does what you want with the alert ....

mail -s alert from the system and customize what you want

• 3.  RE: Email action message

Posted Feb 14, 2011 05:12 PM
    If you take a look at the FeaturesAndCommonFieldExtensions.ppt file in the Field Extensions folder of the document library, you can see there is a Custom Email Action plugin pictured there. I was told to talk to my pre-sales consultant to get this, however apparently he doesn't like to call me back. If you can talk to yours to get this I would very much appreciate it if you shared it.

• 4.  RE: Email action message

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 14, 2011 09:42 PM
    If you're using APM, check out this version I added to the Document Library:

Custom Email Formatter

-Hiko

• 5.  RE: Email action message

Posted Feb 17, 2011 11:22 AM
    Hiko,

Custom Email Formatter works with 8.2.x?

Thanks.

• 6.  RE: Email action message

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 17, 2011 11:27 AM
    I don't see why this wouldn't work with 8.2, but there is an older EM plugin which gives you GUI to format your message.
    Personally, I like that one better.
    I'll try to get my hands on it again and upload it to the library.

-Hiko

• 7.  RE: Email action message

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 15, 2011 05:58 AM
    This is currently a product enhancement.

Although, there is an extension to help you on this immediately, there would be no support for this, so I would suggest you to file this product limitation as Enhancement with CA Wily Support. It is important that the Product Management team is aware of your request.

Please remember, the more people ask for this, the more the chance to get this feature added into the product.

Best Regards,

Sergio

• 8.  RE: Email action message

Posted Feb 15, 2011 01:12 PM
    Thanks everyone for the help. I'll give both the script and the plug-in a try and see which one I like better. I'll figure out the product enhancement process as well to request an official solution be implemented.

• 9.  RE: Email action message

Posted Feb 17, 2011 11:14 AM
    Sergio,

The extension you're referring to, is it the same as Hiko posted in this thread (Custom Email Formatter)? If not, where can we get the extension you're talking about?

Thanks.