CA Workload Automation ESP Edition

Expand all | Collapse all

Issues with Client loading Slow

• 1.  Issues with Client loading Slow

Posted 05-03-2011 11:15 AM
    In our shop we are trying to run with 72 hours worth of data in the scoreboard. However, when my users try to SUBSCRIBE NOFILTER it is taking upwards of 40 minutes to load down to the PC.

I was wondering what the community does with the Client and Filters and Scoreboard settings.

We run with PURGSCHF LESS 72 Hours every day at 6am. And PURGAPPL LESS 72 hours evey day at 6am.

How do you manage your CLIENT load, filters and purges

Thanks

Lizette

• 2.  RE: Issues with Client loading Slow

Posted 05-03-2011 11:44 AM
    We do not have the problem you are experiencing at my shop. I would suggest that you run the PURGSCHF command at least 4 times a day to see if that helps. I did a search in the Knowledge Base on "ESP Workstation performance" and one of the entries returned was TEC479977 which suggested that you make certain that the ESP Workstation PC started task has plenty of virtual storage. It also suggested the possiblity of utilizing more than one instance of the ESP Workstation PC client started task, one for the operations staff and another for everyone else. You might also want to run a CALLRTN CYBUT005 PVT SIZE(900000) USED while you experiencing the slow download to the PC to ascertain if the private memory usage for the ESP Workstation PC client started task is much greater at those times than it is at other times.

Regards

Michael Ellis
    Systems Programmer
    Deere & Company

• 3.  RE: Issues with Client loading Slow

Posted 05-03-2011 11:54 AM
    My problem is my users want to keep all completed applications on the scoreboard for 72 hours and also use the SUBSCRIBE NOFILTER so they can see everything.

I think if I could work up a filter that would give them the universe that loaded fast they would be happy.

I have a total of about 40 people daily using the client. Some have it installed under Citrix and some directly on their desktop. My main group is operatoins (3 people per shift) and 4 schedulers. After these 7 I could have anywhere from an additional 10 to 30 users.

So I do not think with our size we need to setup a separate WSS.

Lizette