Clarity PPM

Expand all | Collapse all

Project Finish Date in Clarity

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Project Finish Date in Clarity

Posted 09-27-2013 03:35 AM
    Hi All,

I want to know how the “Project Finish Date “ in Clarity is stored.

I know that the finish date in Clarity UI is always displayed one day less ‘Finish Date - 1’ format as of the value in DB.

But currently I have two projects in question ,

Project A is having Finish Date same as in UI and DB  Finish date(UI) = ‘12/20/13’ and Finish Date(DB) = ‘20-DEC-13’.

Project B is having Finish date-1 in UI but finish Date in DB  Finish date(UI) = ‘12/31/2014’ and Finish Date(DB) = ‘01-JAN-15’.

I’m checking the Table INV_INVESTMENTS in DB for both the projects.

Any reason why this is happening?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Project Finish Date in Clarity
    Best Answer

Posted 09-27-2013 03:44 AM
    I hazzard a guess that in the case of the investment where database finish date and UI finish date are the same has a non-midnight finish time (e.g. 5pm) while the other is UI date+1 but with midnight timestamp.

• 3.  RE: Project Finish Date in Clarity

Posted 09-27-2013 04:00 AM
    Thanks for the Clarification.

Yes I see the time stamp and that is the reason for Finish Date+1 case.

So just to be more specific, Clarity will not store Project Finsih Date +1 in DB, it will be the same as in UI for all the projects but all this will depend on the TIME Stamp of the date. Right?

Thanks

• 4.  RE: Project Finish Date in Clarity

Posted 09-27-2013 04:03 AM
    just for clarification, how do you think this occured?
    (via tasks, allocations etc)

• 5.  RE: Project Finish Date in Clarity

Posted 09-27-2013 04:48 PM
      |   view attached
    Did some simple tests in v12.1 and in them the database timestamp is withing the working day and not at midnight.

The project dates in these tests were the same in the database and in the GUI and OWB and appear to be independent from tasks dates when there are no assignment.
    When there are resources assigned and ETC set on the assignments then the project dates reflect the dates of the tasks and assignments.

When the loading pattern contour the finish time is the finish time of the working day.

When the loading pattern is front the finish time is the time when the work effort on the assignment ends.

Waht was your version

Martti K.

Attachment(s)

• 6.  RE: Project Finish Date in Clarity

Posted 09-30-2013 05:04 AM
    Thanks Martti for the very informative PDF.

• 7.  RE: Project Finish Date in Clarity

Posted 09-30-2013 06:23 AM
    Sorry to say, my conclusion was that with those actions the timestamp on finish was always at the end of the last shift of the working day in the calendar not at midnight.

Typically you would have midnight for the finish of timeperiods because they go by 24 hour days.

Martti K.