Clarity

• 1.  On Demand SSO v13.2

Posted Mar 28, 2014 09:14 AM

I'm in the process of working with CA to setup SSO in our On Demand 13.2 Test environment. I'm a little confused around the purpose of SSO if you still have to log into the On Demand portal first? Also, it appears that the portal has it's own list of users. Does this mean our organization has to manage multiple lists of the same users (for the Portal and for the Clarity application)? So far, I've seen no advantage to moving our system behind the portal, as it seems to be an additional sign on screen and more maintenance. Thanks

• 2.  RE: On Demand SSO v13.2
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 01, 2014 06:44 AM

We deployed SSO for Ondemand 12.1 in February and upgraded Clarity itself to 13.3 a couple of weeks ago. 

Yes, this portal is adding an extra layer and you need to maintain the users there as well as providing proper rights in Clarity. To log in to the portal itself you should use your preferred SSO-technology, we used ourselves MS ADFS. Depending on the amount of users you have it might or might not make sense to move to SSO. We have 1700 active users so for us it is overall beneficial even if the technical configuration and deployment was quite heavy and there are more maintenance activities with the portal