PID Cache error.
           Failed to initialize PID Cache

suggest me to how to fix it .

thanks.

• 2.  RE: Siteminder pid cache error

Posted Dec 04, 2013 01:57 AM

• 3.  RE: Siteminder pid cache error

Posted Dec 04, 2013 02:07 AM

not able to access this KB article ..can you please guide me here that how to get rid of this issue.

thanks.

• 4.  RE: Siteminder pid cache error

Posted Dec 04, 2013 08:38 AM

Pankaj,

Are you on an older apache agent?

I ask because APACHE has the highest chance of PID Cache Error and during the 6.0 SP5 series a LOT of changes were done to minimize this.

If you are on a 6.0SPx agent still this might be a good excuse to upgrade your environment.

this error means you're having shared memory issues, so to guide you to resolution, aside from upgrade, we'd need to know the environment....

OS Bit Level:

WS:

WS Bit Level:

WA (version down to build numbers):

• 5.  RE: Siteminder pid cache error

Posted Dec 04, 2013 11:08 PM
    pankaj1525:

not able to access this KB article ..can you please guide me here that how to get rid of this issue.

thanks.

The KB contents as below:

Description:

You may get this kind of error in the Web Agent log:

[14/Apr/2011:14:47:06] [Error] [CA WebAgent IPC] [10054][CSmSharedSegment::smalloc] Error allocating shared memory segment using key 0x6cc7b0a7 - File exists (17)
    [14/Apr/2011:14:47:06] [Info] [CA WebAgent IPC] [10054] [CSmSem::SemRm] Removed semaphore 45285378
    [14/Apr/2011:14:47:06] [Error] SiteMinder Agent
    PID Cache error.
    Failed to initialize PID Cache

Solution:

The following startup error messages:

"PID Cache error" is generated when web agent or LLAWP process is unable to create or attached to its required semaphores and shared memory segments. These are system resources required by the web agent to communicate between itself and LLAWP process to pass information.

"Error allocating shared memory segment using key" is a failure of this type can be created by the failure to create the segments or the segments being subsequently removed. As this is a startup issue it points to there being an issue with creation and the most likely reasons for this are:

• Unavailable system resources (the system settings are too low)

• Permission issues (old resources are left around with different permissions or another web agent created the system resources with the same key).

To try resolving the issue, you can try the following:

1. Verify that shared memory and semaphores leftover from the web server that would be interfering:
      1. Shut down the web server

2. Make sure the LLAWP process is shut down

3. Check for shared memory and semaphores leftover from the web server using these commands:

ipcs -s : list semaphores
        ipcs -m : list shared memory
        ipcrm -s : remove semaphores
        ipcrm -m : remove shared memory

Then remove any shared memory or semaphores for this instance. Look in the Web Server error log for the semaphore and shared memory keys. Those are the ones which need to be removed.

4. Start the web server.

2. Check if the system has enough memory to handle the resource and session caches.
      1. If you have increased the session/resource cache size, then change them to default.

2. If you are using the default values, then decrease to 0.

3. Then restart the Web Server.

Session and resource cache size parameters are:
        • MaxSessionCacheSize

• MaxResourceCacheSize

The idea behind decreasing those values to 0 is to check whether your system has enough memory or not. There might be a loss of performance while those values are at 0, because there will be no caching. However if this issue disappears, then it means that you should add some memory to the system, or reduce the cache size to a lower level if adding memory isn't possible.

• 6.  Re: Siteminder pid cache error

Posted Jul 18, 2017 08:33 AM

HI Karmeng,

I have tried both the provided solutions but neither of them worked for me.

1)  I have cleared all the memory segments rebooted the machine and then started, still after that received same error.

2) I have changed maxsessioncache and maxresourcecachesize parameters to 0, (previously it was configured to default values). LLAWP process gets kill even after that.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Shrawan

• 7.  Re: Siteminder pid cache error

Posted Jul 18, 2017 08:46 AM

Hi,

If possible can you re boot the box and see how it works.

Thanks,

• 8.  Re: Siteminder pid cache error

Posted Jul 18, 2017 08:55 AM

Hi,

I have tried that too, but that didnt work for me,

Regards,

Shrawan

• 9.  Re: Siteminder pid cache error

Posted Jul 18, 2017 08:56 AM

Is there any Server parameter or so that can cause this? i have compared ulimit parameters of working instance with this server and that are also same.