DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  inbounnd/outbound business transaction monitoring by CEM

Posted Jun 19, 2013 01:23 PM
    How deep CEM can dive in to a specific business transaction? I ran the auto discovery and I did find the specific business transaction url that we are interested in monitoring. But within this business transaction, there are lots of components transactions. For example, search is the general business transation we are monitoring, different users will be searching by locations, by names, or etc.. For those component transactions, I don't see in the auto discovery. Is CEM capable of diving in more specifically and let me know like how many searching by locations transactions happened and how many searching by names happened? Please advise if anyone has this kind of monitoring experience. Thanks.

Zhang

• 2.  RE: inbounnd/outbound business transaction monitoring by CEM
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 21, 2013 05:02 AM
    It's possible to differentiate based on the HTTP Query parameters. Let me give you an example:
    Let's say your search page is called URL/search.page. If you search by name the request URL would be URL/search.page?name=searchstring, but if you search by location, the search would be URL/search.page?location=searchstring. You can differentiate between the 2 based on the Query string parameter (name or location) and create different transactions for both. Note that your search fields might be named differently, look in the HTML source of the page.

• 3.  RE: inbounnd/outbound business transaction monitoring by CEM

Posted Jun 21, 2013 09:37 AM
    Thanks Mitu. Can you please let me know where specifically I can set that query string parameters in CEM?