Clarity

• 1.  Did extending the end date of projects,extends the end date for all the reo

Posted Dec 06, 2013 06:28 PM
    Hi, Did extending the end date of projects,extends the end date for all the reosurces in team tab? Please exaplain. Thanks, Bhagya

• 2.  RE: Did extending the end date of projects,extends the end date for all the

Posted Dec 07, 2013 04:35 AM

By default the allocations of team resources are for the project duration.They will change when you change the duration of the project. If you extend the duration the project the allocations will change at default allocation. If you shorten the duration the allocation will be cut.

Martti K.

• 3.  RE: Did extending the end date of projects,extends the end date for all the

Posted Dec 09, 2013 07:49 AM
    Hi, I agree your point,We have tried extending the end date of project, but only for few resources end date is extending, not for all.

• 4.  RE: Did extending the end date of projects,extends the end date for all the

Posted Dec 09, 2013 07:26 AM
    bjane:
    Hi, Did extending the end date of projects,extends the end date for all the reosurces in team tab? Please exaplain. Thanks, Bhagya

The way to stop this would be actually have a start and finish date on each resource allocation within the team record (staff member properties page). Having said that, I would suggest doing this for most of the resources except the core team members. Especially the PM who will be working on the project till it is complete, so for them I would leave the dates blank.

• 5.  RE: Did extending the end date of projects,extends the end date for all the

Posted Dec 10, 2013 04:51 AM
    BY exetnding project end date why it will not extend the dates fro all resources?