Clarity

• 1.  lock cost plan for certain users after specifi time

Posted Mar 25, 2013 12:58 PM
    Hi

I have scenario to lock a cost plan for certain users after specific period. For example at the start of a quarter users can have edit access to it and at the end of the quarter only specifc roles can have access to cost and for the rest only a read-only access.It should available for certain roles to edit at any time.

Can any one please suggest a way how can I achieve this? inserting records in odf_locked_attributes is not of much help here:(

Clarity V 13.1

Thanks for the help in advance.

Shammy.

• 2.  RE: lock cost plan for certain users after specifi time

Posted Mar 25, 2013 03:11 PM
    The related rights are
    Project - Benefit Plan - Edit
    Project - Benefit Plan - View
    Project - Budget Plan - Approve
    Project - Budget Plan - Edit
    Project - Budget Plan - View
    Project - Cost Plan - Edit
    Project - Cost Plan - View

Depending how many variations there are could you create groups for editing and viewing and assign members to those?
    Then you could create a process which deleted the group members and schedule a job to run the job a a given date.

Martti K.

• 3.  RE: lock cost plan for certain users after specifi time

Posted Mar 26, 2013 01:44 AM
    Agreed with what Martti suggested

NJ

• 4.  RE: lock cost plan for certain users after specifi time

Posted Mar 26, 2013 12:56 PM
    Thanks for the valuable suggestion.

I have one more scenario,

for a project I have two cost plan CP1, CP2 what I want is to lock one cost plan for specific users(CP1) and the other cost plan CP2 available for all users.

Is this possible ?How I am new to clarity , Can you please suggest how can I achieve this.

• 5.  RE: lock cost plan for certain users after specifi time

Posted Mar 26, 2013 04:37 PM
    Those rights above don't work for you because they are for a project and apply for all plans for the proect.

You can set display conditions for Plan edit views, but that may not accomplish what you want because v13 is in edit mode in all views all the time (except for MyProjects portlet which is never in edit moder)

So your scenario may not be achievable because the rights in Clarity do not go to the detail level required and there are not other suitable options.

Martti K.

• 6.  RE: lock cost plan for certain users after specifi time

Posted Mar 29, 2013 07:32 AM
    It may be possible in V13 to use processes to lock all the attributes of the one cost plan. Unfortunately, the users that you want to be able to edit it may have to run a second process that you have given them permission to run to unlock it before they can edit it.

I am not on V13 yet, but this is also something that we want to try to accomplish as well, lock some Cost Plans while allowing another to remain open for edit. From what I have seen, the processes seem like they may be the best bet.

Tim

• 7.  RE: lock cost plan for certain users after specifi time

Posted Mar 29, 2013 08:02 AM
    " It may be possible in V13 to use processes to lock all the attributes of the one cost plan. Unfortunately, the users that you want to be able to edit it may have to run a second process that you have given them permission to run to unlock it before they can edit it."

That's good to know... I guess, one of the possibility would be to have 2 drop-downs in a sub-page - 1. To select the cost plan ; 2. To perform Lock/Unlock activity ... Based on the the selections in 1 & 2, the respective process will be fired...Any thoughts ?

NJ

• 8.  RE: lock cost plan for certain users after specifi time

Posted Mar 29, 2013 01:37 PM
    Hi
    Thanks for the inputs.

In project I have cost plan as a sub oject in financial plans tab.

Cost paln has three tabs Properties, details and process.Cost and cost elements are present in details tab.

I have write one process to lock the attributes of cost plan. When I run the process all the attributes of properties tab has been locked but the cost present in details tab is not locked.

cost for each quarter displaying is a virtual attribute.not sure how to lock the virtual attribute.

Any suggestions or ideas how can we lock virtual attribute?

Shammy

• 9.  RE: lock cost plan for certain users after specifi time

Posted Mar 29, 2013 06:58 PM
    Hi Shammy

What version are you using?

It looks like you are hitting a defect on 13.0, fixed on 13.0.1 with patch 2 or higher patch, also fixed on 13.1.0

CLRT-67553
    "Able to edit LOCK Time Scaled Value when Time Varying Attribute is locked. Updates are not reflected in Edit View Screen)"

STR
    (1) Create a Time Varying Attribute
    (2) Pain the Time Varying Attribtue to a list view screen
    (3) Create a process to lock all of the values on the record
    (4) Access the lsit view screen that has the Time Scaled Value on it and edit the TSV (SAVE Edites)
    the List view shows the new values
    the Edit view does not show the new values.
    Expected Result:
    When a process locks the Time Varying Attribute the Time Scaled Values on the list view screen shoul not be editable.
    Actual Result:
    When a process locks the Time Varying Attribute the Time Scaled Values on the list view screen cant be editable.

-Connie

• 10.  RE: lock cost plan for certain users after specifi time

Posted Apr 01, 2013 02:56 PM
    Hi Connie

Thanks for the input. I am using 131.0 version.

• 11.  RE: lock cost plan for certain users after specifi time

Posted Apr 03, 2013 08:47 PM
    Hi Shammy
    Please open a Support ticket, we will test and confirm if you are hitting CLRT-67553 or something new

Connie