DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  CLW Command to import Alerts configurational details

Posted Jan 31, 2014 10:22 AM

Hi All,

Can somebody help me out in exporting Alerts details like threshold values, observed periods etc details defined in a module.

I know we can have the list of alerts through CLW command, but that is actually not giving the alerts configurational details. So any idea ?

Regards,
    Vaibhav 

• 2.  RE: CLW Command to import Alerts configurational details
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 02, 2014 10:04 PM
    viruvaibhav_apm:

Hi All,

Can somebody help me out in exporting Alerts details like threshold values, observed periods etc details defined in a module.

I know we can have the list of alerts through CLW command, but that is actually not giving the alerts configurational details. So any idea ?

Regards,
    Vaibhav 

Hi Vaibhav,

As far as I now there is no workstation option (UI/CLW) or another OOTB program to export alert configuration data, so it would require a customization exercise from our Services organization.

Alternatively if you extract the ManagementModule.xml from the relevant Management Module jar file and search for the tag string "<AlertBase" you will find the relevant data for each alert e.g. Frequency (=Resolution), Danger/Caution parameters etc. By comparison of values with the UI you should be able to work out the meaning of all the element property names.

If am not an expert on xml data viewing, but even without the xsd you can get a more user friendly view by opening the MM xml file with for example Excel. Choose "Use the XML Source task pane" & when it gives you an error you can select OK for Excel create a schema for you. Then from the "XML Source" panel you can locate the AlertBase element in the tree and then follow the steps for mapping it to the worksheet and import/refresh the data.

Hope this helps.

• 3.  RE: CLW Command to import Alerts configurational details

Posted Feb 03, 2014 03:40 PM

Thanks Williams.. :)

Its really a useful info.

Regards,
    Vaibhav