Clarity

• 1.  Project Properties Field Link

Posted Oct 24, 2013 11:05 AM
    To the wider community

Is it possible to have a customized field on the project/idea properties page link to and external website? I have created a URL field with the website I want as a default and that works fine it does its job. The Problem I have is that the website is too long and I want to put in word or the name of something so that user click on it and goes to the website.
    The example I am trying to replicate is Originating Idea that is available on the project Object and when you converted the idea into a project this field automatically gets populate it the Idea name. It's an OOTB field and when I go and check the set-up of it it's just a string, text entry only field but some how on conversion from idea to project a link is mapped to the field.

I can link the field on the listings page for projects and Ideas, but I just thought that there is a way you could do it on the properties page link that field I described above.

We are using version 12.1.1

Thanks
    Stephen

• 2.  RE: Project Properties Field Link

Posted Oct 24, 2013 11:48 AM
    I do this sort of thing using the technique detailed here ; TIP : How To Put Any Dynamically Generated Value On A Clarity Object

• 3.  RE: Project Properties Field Link

Posted Oct 24, 2013 04:47 PM
    There is also a thread on shortening a long URL see

Martti K.

• 4.  Re: RE: Project Properties Field Link

Posted May 24, 2015 04:39 PM

If the link in Dave's post  does not work try this

https://communities.ca.com/message/99705752#99705752

• 5.  Re: Project Properties Field Link

Posted Jun 11, 2018 10:18 AM

Hello Stephen,
    Did you find a solution to the problem?

• 6.  Re: Project Properties Field Link

Posted Jun 11, 2018 10:40 AM

Hi CarlosBirlainSelfa82333808 

Wow this is an old post I forgot about. No never got the full solution to the problem. I did try out Dave's answer but never gave us what we wanted. It never really escalated further and from our now limited use of Ideas it wasn't required.

Thanks 

Stephen 

• 7.  Re: Project Properties Field Link

Posted Jun 11, 2018 10:46 AM

Ok Stehpen,

I'm trying to create a link from the properties of the idea to the properties of the project. In the same way it appears in the project, but on the contrary.

Thank you very much for answering, greetings!

• 8.  Re: Project Properties Field Link

Posted Jun 11, 2018 11:37 AM