DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  RE: I got the TIM Files, which one to use?

Posted Mar 12, 2013 09:55 AM
    Hi,

I am using CA APM 9.1.5.0
    In my Downloading S/W products, i am getting these three files for TIM Installation -

1) CA APM Transaction Impact Monitor (TIM) installonce-update files r9.1.5.0
    GEN01143610E.img [151.28KB]
    2) CA APM Transaction Impact Monitor (TIM) 3rd-party-update files r9.1.5.0
    GEN01143712E.img [348.8MB]
    3) CA APM Transaction Impact Monitor (TIM) complete image r9.1.5.0
    GEN01143756E.img [9.38MB]

I have to create the TIM DVD for OS kickup Installation but not sure which image is for what.!
    Also i have a doubt, that how come a OS installation package is of so small in size?

• 2.  RE: I got the TIM Files, which one to use?

Posted Mar 12, 2013 12:31 PM
    As mentioned in this thread, you only need two of those images (#2 & #3).

The Install TIM Software section of the CA APM Installation and Upgrade Guide has more details.

EDIT: Neither of the these two files is the DVD to install the operating system; these are to install the TIM software once the OS in place.

• 3.  RE: I got the TIM Files, which one to use?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 12, 2013 02:19 PM
    You only have to create the kickstart DVD if you cannot mount the ISO virtually.

Make sure when downloading your software, download the reference document (COV*.pdf) first. This will resolve most questions about what files are used for what.

The kickstart DVD is not in the same basket with APM. You can download that under "CA Customer Experience Manager Transaction Impact Monitor Soft Appliance with RHEL - LINUX - RED HAT".

• 4.  RE: I got the TIM Files, which one to use?

Posted Mar 13, 2013 03:35 AM
    Thanks hdavis and jakbutler.:)
    i was searching it under CA APM umbrella :(

• 5.  RE: I got the TIM Files, which one to use?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 13, 2013 05:59 AM
    Please make sure to mark the answer that resolved your issue.

• 6.  Thread Split

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 01, 2013 06:35 AM
    Original thread was marked resolved. The new thread can be found at [url=https://communities.ca.com/web/ca-wily-global-user-community/message-board/-/message_boards/view_message/103745026]https://communities.ca.com/web/ca-wily-global-user-community/message-board/-/message_boards/view_message/103745026[/url].