Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

How to open Collaboration document from portlet

• 1.  How to open Collaboration document from portlet

Posted Apr 12, 2013 09:34 AM
    Hello everybody,

maybe kind o noobish question, but I am searching for the way how can I open document by clicking on its name in the portlet. I created portlet which shows all the structure and[b] content of the Collaboration tab in the project an now I need to open these document by simple click on its name. I have searched for the answer but as I am not very familiar with these linking, I am not sure if e.g. this is helpful for me 2292818

Thank you very much guys.

r.

• 2.  RE: How to open Collaboration document from portlet

Posted Apr 12, 2013 10:45 AM
    IF you want to get the portlet just to open a copy of the file, then make sure your portlet query returns the internal file ID (clb_dms_files.ID) and create a link action in your query using the Document action, pointing the link at your file ID attribute. In the portlet, associate the link to your Name column.

If you want to do other things such as go to the properties page for a document or to its containing folder in your portlet then you need to use the URL Redirection technique which is documented elsewhere on this forum.

• 3.  RE: How to open Collaboration document from portlet

Posted Apr 17, 2013 05:07 AM
    Thank you very much for quick response Owen. All I need is to open copy of the file as you described.

Seems I did everything as you wrote but file is not opening. In fact it is only opening and opening but never opens in the MS Word. It is only still refreshing. ID and fliename seems good. I have also replicated it on CA Clarity sandbox: http://130.119.244.130/niku/nu#action:5027006&frame_id=502

Thanks,
    r.

• 4.  RE: How to open Collaboration document from portlet

Posted Apr 18, 2013 11:47 AM
    Hello,

I am still struggling with this. I found that it is not not working not only on our CA Clarity instances but the same issue is on Clarity Sandbox as I posted above.

When I want to open document from Collaboration Tab under Project I get this URL which works:
    http://130.119.244.130/niku/app?action=dms.viewFile&RhXm0r7tSeUqEr=true&fileId=5025100&fileName=TestDoc.docx&filedownload=filedownload&RhXm0r7tSeUqEr=true

When I do that form the portlet I get this URL which is only refreshing the page forever:
    http://130.119.244.130/niku/nu#action:dms.viewFile&fileId=5025100&fileName=TestDoc.docx&filedownload"=filedownload

As you can see, there is difference between these two links. I wondering if this is Clarity bug or if I am doing smthg wrong???

Thanks a lot,
    r.

• 5.  RE: How to open Collaboration document from portlet

Posted Apr 18, 2013 02:57 PM
    Did you try the URL Redirection technique?
    What is your portlet like?

Martti K.

• 6.  RE: How to open Collaboration document from portlet

Posted Apr 19, 2013 04:18 AM
    Hello Martin,

I followed description from Owen: "IF you want to get the portlet just to open a copy of the file, then make sure your portlet query returns the internal file ID (clb_dms_files.ID) and create a link action in your query using the Document action, pointing the link at your file ID attribute. In the portlet, associate the link to your Name column."

I didn't use URL redirection.

I made Grid portlet, you can find it here on Sandbox: http://130.119.244.130/niku/nu#action:5027006&frame_id=502

Thanks,
    r.

• 7.  RE: How to open Collaboration document from portlet

Posted Apr 19, 2013 08:12 AM
      |   view attached
    Hi,

I have enclosed an document to achieve this.You can go through it.This is an customisation as you need to provide an update statement in database.
    so always better to get CA Approval and then proceed .

Tested version - 12.1

cheers,
    sundar

• 8.  RE: How to open Collaboration document from portlet

Posted Apr 19, 2013 09:03 AM
    Sundar, really nice:) Problem is that I can't use any customizations :( but I found you solution very inspiring..

So I have still only one possibility - make it via link as Owen descriebed. It will be great if I could work...

• 9.  RE: How to open Collaboration document from portlet

Posted Apr 19, 2013 01:23 PM
    Which sandbox is
    Sandbox: http://130.119.244.130/niku/nu#action:5027006&frame_id=502
    It does not appear to be the Clarity GUC v13 sandbox because I cannot log in to that URL and when I am logged in to the Clarity GUC v13 sandbox and try that action I get not implemented.

Martti K.

There is no userID for your name in Clarity GUC v13 sandbox nor in Clarity GUC v12 sandbox

• 10.  RE: How to open Collaboration document from portlet

• 11.  RE: How to open Collaboration document from portlet

Posted Apr 20, 2013 06:49 AM
    Hello Martti,

I am using this Clarity sandbox:

"130.119.244.130 - Clarity V13.1 Sandbox Server (latest dataset). This server is refreshed from the standard Pre-Sales Dataset every Sunday night". For this sandbox CA is sending new password every monday.

And as it is flushed every Sunday I made that portlet under admin account.

If URL types are for different Clarity version, it can be bug. Because I have same URLs when I am doing it on v13.1 Sandbox or our v13.1 Clarity implementation.

r.

• 12.  RE: How to open Collaboration document from portlet

Posted Apr 20, 2013 07:37 AM
    Thanks.
    That is not available for Clarity GUC members.

Can you share details of you portlet?

Martti K.

• 13.  RE: How to open Collaboration document from portlet

Posted Apr 21, 2013 10:16 AM
    Hello Martti,

please find attached XOG for query and portlet. Query has hardcoded projectID, this should be changed for some project ID where you have document in collaboration tab.

Thanks,
    r.

Attachment(s)

xml
    collab_port_query.xml   5 KB 1 version
    xml
    Collab Portlet Write.xml   33 KB 1 version

• 14.  RE: How to open Collaboration document from portlet

Posted Apr 21, 2013 03:39 PM
    I've got MS SQL so did not go with XOG, had to modify the query and create the portlet manually.
    Could you please provide a screenshot for verification?

Martti K.

• 15.  RE: How to open Collaboration document from portlet

Posted Apr 21, 2013 03:52 PM
    Please find attached screenshots of query link (for sure) and final Collab portlet.

Thanks,
    r.

• 16.  RE: How to open Collaboration document from portlet

Posted Apr 21, 2013 05:58 PM
    Thanks, now I've got it to approximately same point as you have.
    When you are in the document manager, the link to your document is something like
    http://130.119.244.130/niku/app?action=dms.viewFile&RhXm0r7tSeUqEr=true&fileId=5025100&fileName=TestDoc.docx&filedownload=filedownload&RhXm0r7tSeUqEr=true
    or
    http://130.119.244.130/niku/nu#action=dms.viewFile&RhXm0r7tSeUqEr=true&fileId=5025100&fileName=TestDoc.docx&filedownload=filedownload&RhXm0r7tSeUqEr=true

While the link which is built into the portlet is something like
    http://130.119.244.130/niku/nu#action:dms.viewFile&fileId=5025100&fileName=TestDoc.docx&filedownload"=filedownload

The link built into the portlet does not work for me either, the same as for you running for ever and nothing happens.
    That sounds buggish.

Open a case with support.

The good news is that the URL that works
    http://130.119.244.130/niku/nu#action=dms.viewFile&RhXm0r7tSeUqEr=true&fileId=5025100&fileName=TestDoc.docx&filedownload=filedownload&RhXm0r7tSeUqEr=true
    is fairly simple and is just the file ID in the middle and constant strings on both sides of it. You can build that with the query. I have to check if that can be made into a link.
    If not the URL redirection should work just fine. The link build with the query would be simpler if that works.
    I'll try to get back to this.

Martti K.

• 17.  RE: How to open Collaboration document from portlet

Posted Apr 22, 2013 05:45 AM
    Hello Marrti,

do you sometimes sleep? Seems you are working 24/7 :) Big thanks to you for your help and attitude.

I am looking forward for you next tip about bulding URL in query for I am not sure hot to make it clickable in the portlet.

Thanks,
    r.

• 18.  RE: How to open Collaboration document from portlet

Posted Apr 22, 2013 06:09 AM
    Here's the original post about URL redirection - when you've implemented the pages it needs, you can then generate the URL in your query (using the format Martti gives above, not the one that seems to be a bug), then link that to an image/fixed string in your portlet columns.

• 19.  RE: How to open Collaboration document from portlet

Posted Apr 22, 2013 12:13 PM
    By the way, I just tested it on the sandbox 12.1.0 and everything works like a charm. It is BUG for v13

• 20.  RE: How to open Collaboration document from portlet

Posted Apr 22, 2013 12:29 PM
    Plese open a case with support.
    I was planning to test it in v12. but now there is no need. Thanks.

Martti K.

• 21.  RE: How to open Collaboration document from portlet

Posted Apr 23, 2013 08:54 AM
    Martti thanks for you help.

Solution with bulding URL directly in the query is not the best for me due to issues with moving this portlet through different environments. Only if I find somewhere in the database something from I could substract these instance specific data:) maybe I find it somewhere.

Otherwise I will open the case with support.

Thanks,
    r.

• 22.  RE: How to open Collaboration document from portlet
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 23, 2013 10:04 AM
    You should open a case with support as it appears to be a bug (not working the same way as in v12)

The only thing that changes in the construction is the server name.
    You can change that after XOGing in the portlet, because is it not a structural change.
    Personally I'd be more concerned with the length of the URL.

Martti K.

• 23.  RE: How to open Collaboration document from portlet

Posted Apr 22, 2013 12:20 PM
    Sorry, took me a while, because I had change summer tires today.

Here is a screenshot with the constructed URL, which seems to work.
    In the first version the constructed URL had also the filename, but it worked for me in V13.1 with MS SQL without it.

When you use the NSQL for Oracle you have to revert to the Oracle format in the manager name ( use | | instead of +)
    and replace the convert(varchar,cdfi.id) to Oracle format (remember to change the +'s to | | there, too)

In v13.1 you don't have to do anything special the URL is the right format and therefore automatically a link.

This is not the URL redirect, just a simple query
    In v13.1 you don't have to do anything special the URL is the right format and therefore automatically a link.
    I used this on the server. If local host does not work for you you can replace the with the same name or ip which is normally used in the Clarity URL's

If you don't like the long URL you have to use the "Shorten the long URL" -technique.

Martti K.