The Water Cooler

• 1.  how i can change the breakout port 1/4/7 on vdx8770-8 for split cable(40G to 4x10G)

Posted May 24, 2018 06:26 AM

Hi ,

I want to change one of the 40G port of brocade vdx  8770-8 as sfp breakout port. but it is giving error " Connector configuration is not supported on port 1/4/7. port -group in density mode.  please help me.

I m following these steps:

vdx8770:(con t)#hardware

vdx8770(confi- hardware)#connector 1/4/7

%%Error:  Connector configuration is not supported on port 1/4/7. port -group in density mode.

#TheWaterCooler

• 2.  Re: how i can change the breakout port 1/4/7 on vdx8770-8 for split cable(40G to 4x10G)
    Best Answer

Posted May 24, 2018 06:55 AM

@Legacy User

VDX is not longer supported by brocade. see below:

https://community.brocade.com/t5/Info-Feedback/Brocade-Community-Forums-Redirects-to-Extreme-Networks-Pulse/m-p/94984#M194

about you Problem:

from command Guide

Usage Guidelines
    Use this command to set Performance or Density (default) operating modes for port groups 1-9 on the 27x40 GbE line card.
    When a port group is configured In Performance mode, the third port in the port group is persistently disabled, but the
    remaining two ports operate at up to 40 Gbps in Performance mode to achieve the 80 Gbps maximum rate for the port group.
    QSFP breakout mode is only supported on ports configured in Performance mode.
    If Density mode (default) is configured for a port group, all three ports in the group are enabled in Density mode, so cannot
    support the 40 Gbps maximum rate. If this mode is configured on all port groups, 27 total ports are available for use.
    For more information on port groups and the Performance and Density operating modes on the line card, refer to the
    "Overview" chapter in the Brocade 8770-4 and 8770-8 Hardware Reference Manuals.
    Enter no performance mode to restore the default value. Power off the line card before configuring operating modes.

Examples
    To enable Performance mode on port group 9 of the line card in slot 3 of switch with RBridge ID 1.
    switch# configure terminal
    Entering configuration mode terminal
    switch(config)# hardware
    switch(config-hardware)# port-group 1/3/9
    switch(config-port-group-1/3/9)# mode performance
    %Warning: port-group mode performance is a disruptive command.
    Please save the running-config to startup-config and a power-cycle for the
    changes to take place.

#TheWaterCooler

• 3.  Re: how i can change the breakout port 1/4/7 on vdx8770-8 for split cable(40G to 4x10G)

Posted May 24, 2018 07:10 AM
    can you please tell me that how can i power off the single line card.

#TheWaterCooler

• 4.  Re: how i can change the breakout port 1/4/7 on vdx8770-8 for split cable(40G to 4x10G)
    Best Answer

Posted May 24, 2018 07:28 AM

@Legacy User

Please continue in Extreme Networks Community about VDX

you can try follow at no warranty otherwise ignore mi answer!!!, last time I worked with 8770 is +/- 3 years ago and not rememebr

if i remember correct:

power-off linecard "slot_number"

then power-on to bring the card back Up

again

NO WARRANTY!!!

#TheWaterCooler