Brocade Management Software Community

Expand all | Collapse all

BNA 14.0

• 1.  BNA 14.0

Posted 04-07-2016 11:11 AM

In discovery status : Discovered:SNMP communication failure:SNMP credentials may be invalid

Can anyone assist with the t/s steps to check this .

Thanks in advance

nagarajann

#BrocadeManagementSoftwareCommunity

• 2.  Re: BNA 14.0

Posted 04-08-2016 09:21 AM

Is SNMP configured on the device you are trying to discover? Have you configured the same credentials in BNA? Have you tried testing SNMP with snmpwalk?

• 3.  Re: BNA 14.0

Posted 04-14-2016 12:50 PM

Hi Lindsay

I am new to this SNMP stuff.

Can you guide me how i can check the SNMP config on the switches and BNA ? If possible correct procedure / set of commands will be very helpful .

nagarajan

• 4.  Re: BNA 14.0

Posted 04-14-2016 02:45 PM

What sort of switches do you have? The specific configuration will depend on the devices you're using - e.g. configuring a VDX is quite different to configuring an FC switch.

You can test that SNMP is working from a client system. If you're using Windows, then use something like this: https://www.paessler.com/tools/snmptester

OS X ships with snmpwalk by default, and Linux OSes have that available as a package.

• 5.  Re: BNA 14.0

Posted 04-20-2016 07:34 AM

Thanks , let me check . I am having Brocade B6520 switches + BNA 14.0 , i tried setting the SNMP access control with R/W permission , after that some switches started working correctly but some are not , i am trying to compare the SNMP settings with the working /Non working switch

nagarajan