Brocade Management Software Community

Expand all | Collapse all

"Error 16004: Member does not exist", appears with remove action but not with add action

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  "Error 16004: Member does not exist", appears with remove action but not with add action

Posted 11-07-2017 02:24 PM

I am trying to use the REST API call for BNA to add/remove member to a zone. When the action is add, it's working fine, but when the action is remove it say ""Error 16004: Member does not exist", appears with remove action but not with add action". I can't understand what's going on.

FYI: I am using the same object. Even when I do add twice, the zone will have same members twice. I can remove memebrs from the terminal perfectly fine, just when I try to remove from REST API it doesn't work.

#api
    #14.2.1
    #BrocadeManagementSoftwareCommunity
    #bna

• 2.  Re: "Error 16004: Member does not exist", appears with remove action but not with add action

Posted 11-14-2017 07:53 AM

Hi,

which version of BNA are using?

• 3.  Re: "Error 16004: Member does not exist", appears with remove action but not with add action

Posted 11-14-2017 12:22 PM

• 4.  Re: "Error 16004: Member does not exist", appears with remove action but not with add action
    Best Answer

Posted 11-15-2017 08:07 AM

After spending couple of hours, I figured out what the issue was.

The API is case sensitive, so when I add something it doesn't matter, because it will just add it .

But while removing it wasn't finding it because I was putting on lowercase.

The confusion came because of the way API and CLI works. If we do 'alishow' on command line, it shows on lowercase. I basically copied that and used that to add/remove. But from the API it has to be uppercase.