Brocade Management Software Community

Expand all | Collapse all

issue with FabOS 7.1.0b - EZManager exception

• 1.  issue with FabOS 7.1.0b - EZManager exception

Posted 04-11-2013 07:08 AM

Hello,

I updated my E300 switch from 7.1.0a to 7.1.0b but EZManager couldn't load. I have a java exception : java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1

switchexplorer loads perfectly. I tried on several computers with different java versions, 7 and 6 but same problem

#BrocadeManagementSoftwareCommunity

• 2.  Re: issue with FabOS 7.1.0b - EZManager exception

Posted 04-12-2013 07:14 AM

Greetings sebastien.millerat.  I apologize for the delay.  I've gone through our bug database to what I could find.  Unfortunately I did not find anything that might seem related.  I'd suggest contacting your switch vendor support and open up a case with with them.  If you need contact information, please let me know. 

• 3.  Re: issue with FabOS 7.1.0b - EZManager exception

Posted 04-12-2013 08:28 AM

Hello,

Thank you for your answer, I reverted back to 7.1.0a to get it working

Kind Regards

Sebastien

• 4.  Re: issue with FabOS 7.1.0b - EZManager exception

Posted 04-12-2013 08:31 AM

That is a very helpful piece of information.  I'll see if i can narrow a search on just FOS 7.1.0b.  I'll post back if i find anything.  Thanks for sharing the results of reverting sebastien.millerat.

• 5.  Re: issue with FabOS 7.1.0b - EZManager exception

Posted 04-12-2013 08:42 AM

It seems the java exception appears just when loading the "Tasks" frame

Windows is french or english with french country settings. I didn't try to test on full en settings.

Regards,

• 6.  Re: issue with FabOS 7.1.0b - EZManager exception

Posted 07-03-2013 05:48 AM

i could reproduce the issue on my test B300, FOS7.1.0b also with a prerelease of 7.1.0c , java 1.6.0.33, (even brocade recommends:

WebTools Compatibility

FOS v7.1.0 is qualified and supported only with Oracle JRE 1.7.0 update 9.)

as soon as i enable Basic user mode , EZManager fails to start and stops at 47%.  If i disable Basic user mode, webtool starts without problems  ( telnet ,  configure ,   webtools attributes  , Basic User Enabled -> NO)

question:  what are the benefits of using   basic user mode  ???

I tested it with a pre release of FOS7.1.1 and here EZManager works. I also found a hint in  release notes of FOS7.1.1

Unable to launch EZManager.

EZManager status bar stops at 53% and throws an exception halting the launch

regards